Chapter 5

Hey Fanatics,

Quick note* this chapter takes place on Monday, when Zack starts his first day. Nothing really important happens over the weekend. LET'S JUST GET ON WITH THE ACTION!*

Plus, I may mix up the tapes from Phone Guy, I can't look up the real tapes on Google. I'm low on mobile data and I'll get grounded if I go over the limit of 3 gig. Don't hate me, I only have enough to go online, post a chapter, check Facebook or Instagram, then shut it off again.

(You can follow me on Instagram if you feel like it. I'm 'mysteriouskyrgy'. I'll just post things about my life.)

See Ya Later,
- MysteriousKyrgy ♡

-----

I woke up Monday morning at about 4 o'clock in the afternoon. I've been trying to stay up late so I don't sleep on the job. Mom and dad both went to work, so I got up and ate some pop tarts.

My phone went off. Olive was calling me. I said 'hello' with a full mouth.

"Gross!" She squealed through the phone. "Really Zack?"

I swallowed. "Sorry, you called when my mouth was full of pop tarts."

"Yeah, I think I can smell them!" We both laughed.

"How are you?"

"Well, my wounds from school are healing, but my eye patch will have to be on for a lot longer than the doctors thought."

"That sucks."

"I know right."

We talked about some more things for a long time and I looked over at the clock. 9 o'clock.

"Holy cow!" I yelled in the phone.

"What?!"

"It's 9:00!"

"We've been talking for 5 hours! It didn't feel that long."

"I know!" That made her laugh.

"Hey, I'm heading to my grandma's for the summer. Wanna come for a day? I could show you around the place."

"No, I have to work, remember?"

"Oh yeah, sorry!" Olive sounded embarrassed.

We talked even more until at about 10, she had to hang up cause she was super late to go to her grandma's. I decided to get ready to go to work. I put on a white jacket, blue shirt under that, black jeans, and brown boots. I got in my camo truck and headed to the address on the flyer from school.

-----

It was 11:50 when I got there. I looked at the place. It had a really great atmosphere for a horror attraction.

I walked in the doors and locked them behind me. I remembered the instructions on how to get to the office. I pasted some really weird things, like empty robot heads and weird children drawings.

I entered the room and sat down in a black swivel chair. I looked around the room. It was a green and black that had an old and faded look to it. I looked at a bin with some robot heads in it. This place is doing a great job at scaring people.

I looked at an alarm clock sitting on the desk. It just changed to 12 a.m. when I looked at it. I heard a phone ring. I didn't need to answer it, cause it was a recorded message, plus I could find it under the garbage on the desk.

"Hello?" I heard the phone say. "Hello, hello? Hey man, welcome to your summer job at Fazbear's Fright,  the newest horror attraction to tell the terrifying past about the old restaurant, Freddy Fazbear's Pizza. Let me tell you about all the things you need to do:

"Make sure no one breaks in. We don't need that reputation around here before we even open!"

I tuned out. What does he mean 'terrifying past'?

I took out my Samsung S5 and went to Google. I started typing in 'Freddy Fazbear's Pizza past' and this came up:

"Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, an old children's restaurant from 1993. It burned down in 1994. It used to have animatronics, but a murder involving 5 kids caused the restaurant to shut down for a little while. Then, the CEO replaced the robots with human actors that same year of 1993.

"Now, in 2024, a new horror attraction, Fazbear's Fright, has opened to scare people about the old restaurant's past."

I exited out of the Google app and started to worry a little. Why would someone do this?

For some reason, I thought back to Friday, when I told mom and dad about my job here. I remember dad's face, a little upset with a hint of worry.

I got my phone back out and searched up 'Freddy Fazbear's Pizza security job'. This came up:

"Freddy Fazbear's Pizza stopped hiring night and day guards after an incident where a staff member found a dismembered body in an old suit the company still had. They figured it to be Dale Earnest, the officer from the nightguard service who went missing two days before the body was found.

"The last office to work there before it burned was Mike Schmidt, who now works at a local drive in restaurant."

I closed Google once more. Why didn't dad tell me about this?

I sat there in my black swivel chair with a ton of questions swimming in my brain. I finished the night really fast with nothing interesting happening, then went home to bed at about 6:30 in the morning.