Chapter 6

I woke up at about 1 in the afternoon. I looked at my phone to see a couple texts from my other friends.

Noah: hey man, how was the first day at work?

Des: having fun at my job, how was your's?

Quin: enjoying Fazbear's Fright?

Olive: is work treating you good?

I smiled at their curious minds, but didn't answer. I went downstairs and ate a bowl of cereal.

I was sitting in the kitchen when I saw dad walk in. He sat next to me at the table and we had some small talk. Then, he asked me about work.

"It's fine," I replied. "It has a very horrifying atmosphere, and nothing has really happened so far, which is good I guess.

"Oh dad." He looked at me. "Where did you work before Freddy Fazbear's Pizza burned?"

He didn't answer for a minute. "I told you, at a restaurant nearby."

"I doubt that." He gave me a look of confusion, and I pulled out my phone. I pulled up Google and went to my search history. I pulled up the section that said something about him, and I showed it to him. "Read it. The part that says your name."

He finished and gave me my phone back. "Your a smart kid Zack." Was all he said.

"Ok, but you haven't been telling me the truth. It says here that you were the last know nightguard before the restaurant burned. Is that true?"

He didn't respond again. "Ok," He confessed. "I used to work at the restaurant. I was the last nightguard before it burned."

"Ok, would you like to tell me the full story? And not more lies?"

"Fine.

"Your mom got me the job at that restaurant, she wanted me to work there. The nightguard shift had been closed due to the past, but it was opened again.

"I worked there for at least three nights and..." He stopped.

"And what?" I asked. I gasped, "you didn't have anything to do with the burning, did you dad?"

He wasn't answering again. "Dad, you need to let me know the truth, before I find out myself."

"What do you mean by that son?"

"Never mind, just tell me!" I begged.

"Ok. Yes, I did have something to do with the burning...I caused it.

"I was there on the night it burned, working. Your mom wanted to stay and help me, so I let her. We had to go through what she called it a 'hell hole' (MARKIPLIER REFERENCE AGAIN!!!! ♡), and it sure was."

"What do you mean by it was?"

"I'm sorry Zack, but this is bringing back bad memories that I wish to not speak of now. I may tell you later."

"Alright, but I have one more question." He looked back at me.

"When I told you I got a job at Fazbear's Fright, why did you look like you were scared?"

That got him. His eyes were wide, probably remembering that moment. He wasn't trying to get up and leave, rather he was sitting there, letting memories pour over him like a waterfall. "Because Fazbear's Fright was built on top of the sight where Fazbear's Pizza was. I encountered... spirits there. I was able to burn one, but he said they would be there and waiting." He looked at me with a look that said, 'I'm sorry for hiding this from you'. "I thought over and over again when you got that job. I thought he would hurt you, but I doubt that now. Your a very tough kid."