Act 1 Scene 1

Setting: It is a quiet laboratory built and lined with steel walls. A cage sits in the center, reinforced with a metal much stronger than the steel. A figure lies inside it, limp and unmoving. Tables with different mixtures cover the left and right walls; a door leading out to a hall is placed in the back left corner. The back wall is lined with screens, one showing blood pressure, heart rate, and other medical information. It slides open and a woman wearing a tight, black pencil skirt and a loose button up shirt with a ribbon tied around the collar comes in.

Klāra: *She walks slowly over to a table and looks at a clipboard. She picks it up and leans against the table*

Stryker: *He walks in through the door* Klāra, how is the subject?

Klāra: He is doing well sir. *She pushes her small, square shaped glasses up on her nose and flips to another page on the clipboard* The blood we extracted earlier and modified with the experimental glucose had adapted into his system well. It blends in with the rest of the red blood cells. *She looks up at Stryker and sets the clipboard down*

Stryker: Good. *He walks around the cage, hands behind his back* All is well. I expect you to stay and keep updates on this experiment. I'm trusting you.

Klāra: Yes, Sir. Of course.

Stryker: Good. Begin Phase two. *He leaves the room.*

Klāra: *She begins to mix several substances together and draws them into a needle. Meanwhile, the limp figure begins to stir. She pays no mind to it; it sits up and slumps against the back of the cage.*

Victor: *He puts his hand to his head and rubs his eyes. Upon looking at the bars of the cage, he extends his claws and stands up, walking quietly toward the side where Klāra is.* Hey, woman, where am I? *His voice is rough and demanding.*

Klāra: *Setting the needle down upon a silver tray, she turns towards him and steps forward.* Mr. Creed, you are in facility 209A. *She brushes a stray section of hair from her face, pulling it back behind her ear. It seems out of place amongst the neatness of the bun atop her head.*

Victor: Why? *He growls a bit and and grabs a bar, his claws slowly extending more. He glares at Klāra.*

Klāra: *She grabs the needle and slowly approaches him, cautious of his claws.* Volunteer work as a mutant who self willingly gave himself to experimentation.

Victor: Then why am I in a cage? *His grip loosens and he steps back, eying Klāra.*

Klāra: *She gingerly touches her forearm with her free hand and wears a hurt face that fades quickly.* It is none of your concern. Wrist please.

Victor: Tell me.

Klāra: *Speaking with a more demanding and straightforward tone.* Wrist. Now.

Victor: *He sticks his left wrist through two bars begrudgingly and winces as Klāra slowly inserts the needle into his artery. She pressed down on the needle, releasing the fluid into him, and draws out more blood.* What do you need that for, hot stuff?

Klāra:*Turns to the table and slowly she begins to move the blood to a vial.* First off, I'm Klāra to you, not "hot stuff." Secondly, it's classified.

Victor: Of course. *He looks around the room and, upon seeing nothing, leans into the corner of his cell.* Can you tell me why I volunteered? I can't remember.

Klāra: Don't know. Now shut up. I'm trying to focus. *She takes the vial to the other side of the room and begins to test it against different liquids.*

Victor: *He smirks, keeping a close eye on Klāra.* What's a pretty little thing like you doing in a dump like this, huh?

Klāra: *She doesn't flinch and continues to work on the testing.* Making a living for myself.

Victor: *He raises an eyebrow.* Oh? *Sounding slightly sophisticated, he moves on.* No man at home to take care of you?

Klāra: *She becomes frustrated with this question and hesitates for a moment before answering.* No. *She stops what she's doing and looks at Victor, who looks back all snide.* I'll have you know, I'm just fine on my own and my personal life is none of your matter. *Angry with him, she walks out of the room*

Victor: *He whistles.* Feisty. I love it.

Stryker: *Enters again, this time with two male scientists.*

Victor: Hey, Stryker. Can I keep her? *He motions to the door with his head, folding his arms across his chest. He has a smug look on his face.*

Stryker: No, you cannot. *He stands in front of him. The two scientists go to the computers and monitors and wait for a signal.* Now.

*A scientist pushes a button and Victor's body begins to spazz, causing him to fall to the floor in agony. His screams are horrifying.*

Stryker: *He kneels down and touches a bar of the cage, looking Victor in the eye.* You'll learn your place soon enough, Victor Creed, and it most certainly is not among others.

End of Scene 1

Hey guys, Thanks for giving Experimental Game a chance. Comment below things you liked, things you didn't, and ways I can improve the story. I know it's just the first part, but even beginnings need a little love. I love hearing from you all, so write away and Enjoy!

-Phantomauthor