Act 2 Scene 2 (Updated and Revised)

Setting: *The mansions infirmary. The air smells sterile and the lights are bright. Despite being a white, empty feeling space, it is comfortable and has a positive atmosphere.*

Jean: *She has a tray of equipment set up next to a hospital bed where Klāra sits, blood crusted to her face under her right eye where the cut lies.*

Victor: *He sits on a stool nearby, watching Jean as she works.*

Jean: *She takes a towelette and cleans the blood off her face.* If this heals well, you'll be left with a sexy eye scar. *She's trying to remain optimistic.*

Victor: *He scoffs.* Don't you people have anything better for her? Something that won't leave a scar?

Jean: You are not allowed to talk right now, Victor. *She gets a Neosporin and applies it to the gash.*

Victor: *He laughs.* And why not, red?

Jean: You were a few millimeters away from permanently blinding Klāra in her right eye. Also, don't tell me how to do my job.

Victor: *He growls but says nothing as he crosses his arms and leans against the wall.*

Klāra: *Her eye twitches and she winces.* It stings.

Jean: It will for a minute, but the wound will be disinfected and ready for a bandage.

Klāra: *She nods and glances over at Victor.*

Victor: *He watches her closely. His posture screams over protective and possessive.*

Jean: *Takes a roll of clean, white bandage and wraps it around her head over her eye.* Now we wait.

Victor: *A frown forms on his face.* How long will that take?

Jean: About a week.

Victor: A week!?

Jean: Why are you so worried about her? What plans could you possibly have in store?

Victor: *He smirks.* Think real hard. Now, get out.

Jean: *She rolls her eyes and turns back to Klāra.* Just lie down, okay? If anything happens, just click that little button right there and we'll be here. *She puts her hand on Klāra's head before walking out, worried about leaving them alone.*

Victor: *He rolls his eyes.* We got that, Red. Thanks.

Jean: *She glares at him and shuts the door.*

Victor: *He sighs.* Thought she would never leave. *Standing up from the stool, he walks over.*

Klāra: *She looks at him, heart racing out of fear.*

Victor: *He shakes his head and mutters softly.* I won't hurt you. I promise. Not now, not anymore. *His eyes show true honesty and sorrow.*

Klāra: *She whispers softly.* I don't believe you.

Victor: *He looks down at her and moves a few strands of hair from her face.* I know. You have no reason to.

Klāra: Don't. *Her voice fades out and her unwrapped eye closes before opening again slowly.*Don't... don't... don't-

Victor: *He touches her, fingers gently brushing against her skin.* You should rest. You need it, Kitten. *He says the words with tenderness.*