Act 1 Scene 7

Setting: The cabin of Victor's. The sun peaks it's last rays over the tree tops. The two of them, Victor and Klāra, are on the porch. Klāra is leaning against the railing, looking up at the sky. Victor has a beer and is watching her closely.

Victor: How long are you going to do that? *He takes a sip of the beer and looks at her.*

Klāra: *She shrugs and slowly rubs her hand, back and forth, on the railing.*

Victor: *He finishes his beer and sets it on the porch floor. Standing, he moves beside her and lifts her hand from the railing.* Come on. Inside, now.

Klāra: Whatever you say. *Rolling her eyes, she heads inside the cabin.*

Victor: *He keeps a very close distance to her.*

Klāra: *She heads into the kitchen and sits down at a marble island.*

Victor: *He begins to pull out different food items to prepare a dinner; he doesn't look up at Klāra.*

Klāra: I can help, if you want. *She looks at the supplies and then up at him.*

Victor: *Speaks gruffly towards her.* Sure.

Klāra: *She gets up and begins to help him, taking a knife from the counter. She begins to chop vegetables.*

Victor: *He glances at her and sighs.* You're doing it wrong. *Putting aside what he was doing, he stands behind her and puts his hands over her's.*

Klāra: *Shivers travel up and down her spine and she suddenly becomes extremely defensive.* Don't. Touch. Me. *She drops the knife on the counter and clenches her hands.*

Victor: Fine, fine. Geez frial- *He is stopped by Klāra, who looses it at this point.*

Klāra: I am NOT a frial! *She glares at him and her anger just swells up inside.*

Victor: I'm sorry! I'm sorry! *He steps back and holds his hands up*

Klāra: *She huffs.* I'm not hungry anymore! *She begins to march out of the room. The cuff causes Victor to be dragged along as well.*

Victor: Hey, I didn't mean it like that. *He tries to stop her.*

Klāra: *She turns around and slaps him. This catches him off guard.* Leave me alone!!! *Turning around, she locks herself in the bathroom.*

Victor: *He touches his face, feeling the mark she left, bewildered.*

Klāra: *She can be heard through the door, crying.*

Victor: *He feels sorry for her and puts his forehead against the door, his eyes flickering shut.* I'm sorry.