Chapter 12

So I feel accomplished. I reached 200 reads. Thanks for reading xx 

Another thing is I wrote like 2,300 words or something then my school's wifi shit the bed and then it was lost and I lost like 1,000 words and I was pissed. 

Song for the chapter: Better Off Dead by Sleeping With Sirens

--

I walked back into school drowning in my own misery. I had my hood up, head down, and music up. I walked into the office and got a note for class. He wrote it for maths as I impatiently shifted my feet. He hands me the blue note, wishing me a good day, and I went to class. Nobody was in the hallways really, and I felt kind of empty without my bag. I go into my maths class and everyone looks up at me. A couple glaring, a few laughing.

What did I do? What the fuck?

"A boy named Ashton dropped off your backpack and a sweatshirt." My teacher informed me and I stiffly nod, going up to the front and picking them up off the floor.

"How much do I have to pay?" Some kid jokingly asked me.

"He probably has herpes, you know how fags are." Another laughed.

I looked down, wondering what happened. I didn't do anything to get the bullying I am getting-especially today. I was curious as to what I did, or what somebody else did. Most people were aware that I was homosexual, and that I was proud of it. But for some reason it seems as if everybody is homophobic.

I sit down in my seat, shoving my sweatshirt in my bag. I'll replace it with this one later.

My thigh was throbbing and the bandages made resting my leg on my seat uncomfortable. My arms itched with from cuts, and the healing cuts. What am I becoming? I am doing this to myself, but I felt as if all my control has been lost; taken away by my own demons.

--

It was the end of the day and I quickly left my English class, even though Mr. Folsom was telling everybody the homework. The constant looks I was getting from people were stressing me out.

I see Michael in the hallway, and he was with Ashton. Both of them go over to me and I try walking away. I have trying to avoid them since this morning when I ran off like I did. "Calum wait!" Ashton called.

I stop by the door, sighing and turning around. "A-Are you okay?" Michael asks me shakily. He knew I was upset, and they were probably scared of when I ran off like a maniac. But of course I am not okay, my parents are being divorced and everybody for some reason hated me. I was popular, people liked me. Or they used to. People who chant my name and talk to me all the time and I... I don't know.

I sound so incredibly selfish.

I talk about how much people like me and then here I am in my pool of self-pity, cutting myself and disliking everything.

"No." I shrug, not wanting to lie but also acting as if nothing happened earlier today.

I look to Ashton and he obviously uncomfortable being around me.

It is understandable, though. He probably doesn't want to be around me because he is discovering that I am slightly unstable. "W-What's wrong?" Michael asks me with a frown.

"I told you. My parents are getting divorced. People are being dicks, what else is there?" I snap back at him, and he flinches a bit at my outburst. I see and almost feel Ashton's glare. If looks could kill.

"Let's go Mikey, Calum is obviously just upset. We shouldn't be around him if all he's going to do is snap at you when you're trying to make him feel better." He tells Michael, looking at me the entire time. Michael nods and gives me a small wave as the two walk away.