Epilogue 2 - Ashton

Song for the Chapter: Don't Threaten Me With A Good Time by Panic! At The Disco

Dedicated to Clifford_Horan because they comment and vote too :3

Sad chapter again. What is with me? x33 Love you guys <33 xx ~

--

*Ashton's Point of View*

It had been three weeks since Calum's death and the final bell sounds over the speakers in the classrooms and I try to make a quick escape. I am met by a couple of older boys, whom I do not know the names of. "You the douche that ruined that dead kid's life?" The tallest one asks me, cracking his knuckle.

I shrug and look down at the ground. Luke hasn't spoken to me, Michael hates me, and I've been bullied nonstop. I think I deserve the shit I've been getting, though. It is my fault Calum killed himself. A little bit before he killed himself, I told him to go to do it. "Look man, give us twenty bucks and we'll give you a sample of something that will help you forget about what you did." The shorter one tells me and I look up at him.

"Do you mean drugs?" I ask him curiously and he just smirks at me knowingly. I sigh, wanting to forget the guilt I had hanging over my head. "Okay." I agree.

I grab my wallet, handing him the money he ordered. The taller one nods, looking at the money. He then reaches into his back pocket, handing me a small bag with a brown colored power. "It's heroin. Be careful." He tells me, and the four boys walk past me. I shove the drug in my backpack and quickly leave the school. 

When I got home, I ignored my family and went up to my bedroom. I close the door and sit down on my bed. I lift up my sleeve, glancing at the small red lines I had been making the past couple weeks. I reach into my backpack and pull out the small baggie. I get back up and go over to my desk, pouring a little bit out. I put a little bit on my finger, bringing it up to my nose. I snort it and I feel a stinging pain in my nose. "Fuck." I whisper, holding my nose. I pull my fingers away and see blood. I look in the mirror by my door and the blood dripping down from my nose.

My body started to feel warm and I smile from the feeling of the rush. I put a little more on my finger and sniff that as well.

--4 Years Later--

I blow the smoke out of my mouth, lying on my dirty bed in the abandoned building where others druggies like myself lived. I dropped out of high school, and left home. I bring the familiar feel of a cigarette to my mouth again and take another drag.

"Irwin!" I hear and I look up from the dirty blankets to see Harry, Fredrick, and Carson. 

"Yo guys, what's up?" I great them, getting up from the bed. 

"Where's our fucking money, Irwin?" Harry, the leader of the three asks me angrily. I give him a small smile, hardly understanding most of what was going on around me.

"Bro, I told you I would have it by Monday." I tell him tiredly.

Fredrick and Carson push me up against the concrete walls violently. "It is Tuesday! Where the fuck is it, Irwin? We have asked three times now. You know what that means." Harry scowls at me.

Fredrick and Carson hold up two different weapons, both sharp. Fredrick has a sharp piece of metal, almost like a bar but sharpened. Carson had a sharp piece of plastic. "C'mon." I say, trying to get out of their grip.

"I enjoy how fucked up you are. Makes this easier." Harry smiles maliciously at me. I try shaking the two stronger boys off of me. "Shank him, boys." Harry orders, as their sharp objects repeatedly go into my stomach. I couldn't keep count of how many times they stabbed me, but they stepped away from me. I fall to the ground, blooding pouring out of my mouth rapidly. "Let's leave." Harry tells them and they walk away from me.

I look at the framed pictures I had on the ground next to my bed. There was a picture of Michael and Calum together, and a picture of Calum and Luke. "I'm sorry, Calum." I choke out, finally saying the words I have wanted to. I have thought it, but never said those sequence of words. But in a time of death, you forget about your pride or what you think is right.

I cough and blood splatters onto the dirty glass of the frames. I glance around at the cigarette buds on the ground, the multiple vodka bottles and beer cans. I wish I never took that drug, because all of my problems went away within a couple of seconds. I had overdose eight times, hospitalized for each of them.

I move my hands away from my bleeding abdomen and see the blood running down my arms. I frown at the faded scars on my wrist. I close my eyes.

In the darkness, I see through it. Maybe there is a way out of death, and this is a journey I have to take. I begin running, and suddenly I see a bright light. Then it sizzles out and I see my high school, the familiar sight of people I know walking into it.

I walk into it hesitantly, and go to the place I used to go in the mornings. Nobody was in the hallways. I hear the familiar sound of Calum's singing voice. 

"To be hurt, to feel lost, to be left out in the dark..." I hear and I dash to the auditorium, bursting into it. The dark lit auditorium is brightened from the lights in the hall. Nobody even looks at me, nobody except for Calum and Michael.

They were both on stage. Calum had a visible bruise on his neck, and though his lips weren't moving I could hear the sound of his voice ring in my ears. Michael had the side of his head blown off and I look away with tears in my eyes. They both looked sad, lonely.

"I'm sorry." I say to them and the singing goes away.

"You did this to us, Ashton." Calum tells me, his voice echoing.

"No I didn't!" I deny, beginning to hyperventilate. 

"If you d-didn't hurt C-Calum like you did, h-he never w-would have k-killed himself. I would have n-never shot myself. It's a-all your fault, Ashton." Michael tells me.

I haven't heard his stutter in so long. 

"Open your eyes." Calum tells me.

Before I could deny it my eyes peel back open.

"Irwin, you okay?" Trisha, a woman living in the same building as me asks. I look up at her with pained eyes, and I close my eyes again. I hoped to see Calum and Michael, but my head was pounding. I felt myself lose control of my body, as it became more limp.

I take my last breath in.