Chapter 25

Song for the Chapter: Dead Walker Texas Ranger by Sleeping With Sirens

Dedication to lukecalum7 because they've been voting on every chapter and I don't think I ever recognized that fact, so thank you xxx ~

Another thing, I haven't gotten any comments recently.. Comment on the chapter?? xx

Malum fluff and a bit of smut <33 xx (Like a real sexual act so warning, anyway if it's awkward sorry you can hate me)

Countdown to Talent Show: 4 Days

--

Tuesday morning I walk into the school and I could almost feel everybody's eyes on me. Maybe I was imagining it but I don't think I was paranoid. I see Michael standing with Ashton and Luke and I see something that makes my heart drop: a bruise and a swollen lip on Luke.

Angered, I go over to the three of them. Luke nor Michael has talked to me recently, even worse I think that Ashton is Kyle Dalton. I wasn't sure why he hated me as much as he did, but I was not going to allow him to have this power over me. When I get to them I push Ashton as hard as I can and he falls to the ground and I smile. "The fuck, man?!" Ashton screams at me and I hear laughter erupt from the people in the hallways. He gets up briefly and pushes me back.

"Ashton don't touch him!" Luke yells and then stares at him with wide eyes. Luke seemed more than terrified of Ashton when he directs his attention to Luke.

"Don't fucking talk back to me." Ashton sneers at him and then looks back at me. He had Luke wrapped around his finger and I would never allow for Luke to be hurt as much as he was at the time. I have been hit from somebody that was supposed to love you and I would never voluntarily allow for Luke to be placed in that position; powerless and scared. 

I backhand Ashton and say, "What are you going to do? Hit him?" He looks at me curiously, almost questioning how I knew. But I wasn't an imbecile, I knew the signs of an abuser. 

"You bastard." He tells me and before he can do anything I hit him again. I shouldn't feel the way I was, but the sound and sight of me hitting Ashton made me feel better. It made me think of my father, it made me think of how he hit Luke, and everybody who has turned on me.

"B-Babe." Michael quietly whispers in my ear and I feel my anger begin to sizzle out because of the sound of his sweet voice. Ashton looks at me and I punch him again. Luke almost looked happy at the fact that I was hitting him. 

He stumbles back and I see blood coming from his lip. Then I remember last night, the blood coming from my mouth. My father insulting me and throwing his dominance in my face. I look at my bandaged hand and my aching one. I was becoming my father. "Oh fuck." I swear, looking at him. Ashton looks at me angrily and I gently grab Michael's hand and head towards the doors. 

"I-I don't want t-to skip." Michael tells me, his voice a bit louder than usual. 

"I don't want to either, Mikey. I just... need some time to think and I want you with me. Please, Michael." I beg of him, knowing my time with him is a bit limited.

"F-Fine. Is your d-dad home?" He asks me.

"His car wasn't in the driveway this morning."

Michael nods at my response and we start walking in the cold air to my house. "I'm sorry that I punched Ashton." I say to him, not completely meaning it. I felt bad when I think back to the past month or so. I almost pulled Michael away from his best friend, I basically lost my best friend to an abuser, and I have given Michael this relationship that he may enjoy. Which to me was a bit of a mistake if I was being completely honest.