Chapter 17

Song for the chapter: Invisible by 5SOS

Trigger warning.

--

I was in the bathroom, terrified to peel the ACE bandage off. I had school soon and I wasn't prepared to rip the bandage out of the wound; which was going to happen anyway.

I slowly begin peeling it off, wincing and feeling as the bandage ripped itself out of the wound. "Ow, ow, ow." I repeated to myself as if it would change anything pain-wise. I finally just rip it off in one force motion and I scream out. I look at the wide cut, it begins bleeding from the bandage being ripped out of it. I quickly get undressed and go into the shower.

The water hits it and I almost jump out of the shower. I begin crying from the excessive amount of pain I was in. I don't remember the last time I cut so deep I couldn't handle water touching it. I take deep breaths to try and calm myself before stepping back into the shower, sticking my arm out of the water stream.

I have messed up.

--

The uncomfortably factor was there when the fabric of my sweatshirt rubbed against the wide cut. I examined it before leaving my house and it was quite wide. I walk into the school, worried that I would get questioned about the bruise on my upper cheek from yesterday. 

I go past the bulletin board and see a flyer for a talent show. It was on Saturday, December 5th. I glance at the sign up sheet and see a couple familiar names as I grabbed the pen weakly. I scribbled my name down for the auditions and I smiled at it.

I kept walking, people glaring at me. Online talk is so hard to get around, and there is usually no disproving of it. If it is on the internet, it is an anonymous person's against yours.

"He's so revolting." Some girl whispered to her friend.

"I can't believe Michael is dating someone with an STD."

"Michael deserves better than a whore."

"Faggots usually have diseases. Especially sluts."

I quickly walk past everybody, trying to block out all the insults. How does everybody know I am dating Michael? I only made it official to Ashton and Luke. Maybe they told people because I know damn well Michael wouldn't go around saying that to people.

I go to the bathroom and see a couple of guys in there. By this time, a couple tears were falling from my eyes. One of the boys looked at me sadly, and without a word walked out. The other two boys snickered at me, gradually nearing me.

"Where did you get that bruise?" One of them asks me and I shake my head.

The same boy pushes me back and I hit the bathroom wall. I allow for more tears to fall. "Leave him alone, let the poor fag cry it out." The other boys says. They both walk out, bumping into me while leaving. I go into a stall and lock the door. 

I hit against the wall a bit in sadness and anger. "What did I do?" I question myself. I pull up my sleeves and look at the mistakes I have made. The reminders were everywhere. Wrists, forearm, back of my arms, upper arms. Some of them faded, some open, some still prominent and discolored.

I pull my sleeves back down in utter shame and leave the bathroom, wiping my eyes. I ignore the words people said to me. I passed Michael, Ashton, and Luke. They were outside of the cafeteria talking to one another. They didn't even see me pass them. I go outside, letting the fresh air enter my lungs.

*Anonymous' Point of View - Three Days Ago*

To say I was pissed was an understatement. Most everything Calum did pissed me off.

This hatred for him was unhealthy but I didn't care. He didn't know that I disliked him.

I go to Twitter and press 'Sign Up'.

I had already created a fake email to use for the revenge I was going to be getting. 

Full Name: Kyle Dalton

Phone or Email: kyledaltonsemail.com

Password: ReVeNgE

Smiling I pressed sign up, and it worked immediately. I spent a while setting everything up and getting into the school page. Everybody went on Twitter or Tumblr at my school - depending on who you were and what you did in your free time. I looked at his username and I felt guilt sprouting but I ignored it completely.

I wrote: "slept with calbear_hood and then tested positive for a STD. never want to see that disgusting faggot again #gross #fag #stds"

I thought for another moment after posting that one as I wrote another: "and the only reason I did it was cause he paid me money, wasn't worth it #prostitutereversal #desperate"

I felt guilty but within ten minutes people were responding. This made me feel as if I was successfully getting my payback. I closed my laptop, looking at how it was almost midnight. Tomorrow, unfortunately, was Saturday. I wanted to see Calum's pain soon.

If that doesn't sound too crazy.

*Calum's Point of View*

The bell rung and I thought for a moment, realizing how I needed to go to a class. I cared about school, I wanted to do good.

But then again, what am I striving for? I don't even see a future for myself. But I slowly go back into the school, wishing it was miles away instead of feet. It would take me longer, eventually I would get there; but at least I could get away from the bullshit for a while.