Chapter Ten

While John got his heart broken, Dave wasn't faring much better. He'd struck up a casual friendship with Terezi (why did John hate her so much? Tez was cool) and figured she would be the best one to talk to right now. Because really, who else could he go to?

TG: tez i did a bad thing
TG: i did a really bad thing

GC: WH4T D1D YOU DO TH1S T1M3

TG: no need to be rude
TG: well i guess its kind of understandable i do mess up a lot
TG: but this one is like
TG: really really bad

GC: W3LL DONT HOLD OUT ON M3 T3LL ME WH4T H4PP3N3D
GC: W4S S3X 1NVOLV3D?

TG: kinda

GC: OMG W1TH WHO
GC: L3MM3 GU3SS
GC: K4RK4T? J4D3? ROS3?

TG: rose?! rose is my sister! thats disgusting

GC: OH Y34H 1 FORGOT
GC: SO WHO W4S 1T TH4T GOT 4 T4ST3 OF YOUR F1N3 4SS

TG: john

GC: JOHN?! JOHNS 4 S4CK OF SH1T
GC: WHYD YOU P1CK H1M

TG: i didnt mean to it just
TG: kinda happened

GC: G33Z D4V3 TH4TS 4 B4D 3XCUS3 1F 1 3V3R H34RD ON3

TG: well then what am i supposed to say to jade
TG: she doesnt know yet

GC: SH3 DO3SNT? H4H! H4V3 FUN T3LL1NG H3R
GC: HON3STLY D4V3 1 TH1NK YOUR3 ON YOUR OWN FOR TH1S ON3
GC: 1 DONT R34LLY W4NT TO H3LP 4 CH34T3R

TG: terezi!!

GC: 1 L1K3 YOU D4V3
GC: BUT 1 L1K3 J4D3 TOO
GC: 4ND YOUR3 R34LLY GONN4 HURT H3R W1TH TH1S

TG: i need your help

GC: YOU SHOULD4 THOUGHT OF TH4T B3FOR3 YOU K1SS3D YOUR FR13ND
GC: BY3 D4V3

TG: tez!!

Seems like he was too late- she was already gone. Just like everyone else who could've helped him, huh?

It seems... well, it seems like all that's left to do is confess to Jade and hope for the best. He doubted she'd treat him with a lot of mercy and forgiveness. Underneath her sweet exterior was pure steel. Now, that was what Dave loved about her- but he didn't love it when he was the one who had messed up.

He needed to man up and face what he'd done wrong. 

That's how he found himself knocking on Jade's door with his heart somewhere between his large intestine and his spleen.

"Hey, Dave!" She said cheerfully. "What is it? Why do you look like that...? No offense, you're just so pale and... sweaty."

He shrugged, trying to seem nonchalant. "I'm alright- there's just something I wanted to tell you. I was hoping we could talk about it." Jade looked confused, but at least she wasn't angry (yet).

"Sure. Do you want to come inside?"

"Nah, I don't need to. It'll be quick."

"Okay..."

He took a deep breathe, trying to make himself say the words that he knew would ruin his relationship. "Jade... I kissed John."

"What? When?" Her voice was high and panicky when she asked like she didn't understand what he was saying.

"Last night. When he slept over- we kissed-"

Her eyes narrowed, flashing with the steeliness he knew and loved. "Dave, I can't believe you would do that to me- and to John! I... I can't believe you right now. I can't take this." Jade stepped back, slamming the door hard in his face. He frantically raised his hand to knock, but she yelled at him from behind.

"Just go away! I don't want to see you right now just- just go away!" On the last words, her voice sounded heavy with tears.

Dave knew he needed to get home, but he found that his legs wouldn't move. He couldn't make himself go anywhere- he couldn't go home and face both Rose and his mom.

So he collapsed on the steps outside her door, body shaking hard as he cried into his hands.

He hoped- desperately- that maybe she would hear. Maybe she would come outside and comfort him. Jade had stood by him through anything and everything. She had always been by his side and honestly, he wasn't sure how he could get throught this without her.

The worst part was he had no one to blame but himself. He had hurt Jade, he had hurt Karkat, and he had hurt John when he told him how he felt. He had toyed with his friend and disregarded his girlfriend all for a kiss.

Dave had never been more sickened with himself in his life.

And Jade never left the house no matter how hard he cried.