Chapter 2

~Aaron's POV~

I snapped out of my daze and said "what's your name?" "Aspen Reynolds." She answered confidently. "I Aaron Rivers, Alpha of the Mystic Pack, reject Aspen Reynolds as my mate and Luna." I said. I could hear both our hearts breaking with every word I said. I just had to do it. I can't have a mate!

~Aspen's POV~

He snapped out of my daze and said "what's your name?" "Aspen Reynolds." I answered with as much confidence as I could find. "I Aaron Rivers, Alpha of the Mystic Pack, reject Aspen Reynolds as my mate and Luna." He said. I

I can't believe this is happening. I have always heard and read stories like this, where the boy hooks up with his mate and then rejects them, I just didn't think this would be my life.

As soon as Aaron got that out he left the room in a flash. Right after the door slammed I fell to the floor crying.

I can't stay here. I can't become his Beta. I need to leave, but I can't let down my dad... I don't know what to do.

After many minutes of thinking about it I decided to leave. To leave the Mystic Pack. To leave my twin brothers, Ben and Brantley. Leave my dad. Leave my mom. Leave Washington.

I have a friend who is the Alpha of a pack in Maine. His name is Mathis Parks. Mathis is the strongest fighter in the world. We met at a training camp. I'm going to go to his pack. The Blood Falls Pack.

~In Aspen's Room~

I got to my room and started packing all 4 of my suitcases. No one is home. They are all at the before party. Everyone in the pack has their own house. The Pack house is only for guests and meetings and sometimes the Beta and Alpha, if they have a lot of work to do.

Anyways, I started packing all my clothes into the suitcases. I also packed my blankets, important pictures, hygiene stuff, hair stuff, makeup, and shoes. I also stole one of my each of my brother's favorite hoodies and took a bottle of their shared cologne, so I can always be 'with' them. I stole one of my dad's shirts and my mom's perfume that she wears all the time.

After that I headed into my dad's office. I grabbed my birth certificate, social security card, and my bank card. When my Grandma Kate died, she left me everything. I don't know why. Oh well. She left me 67 billion dollars and her house in Maine which is on Mathis' territory. My parents don't know about the house so it should be a good place to runaway to.

After I packed everything, I had 3 stuffed to the rim suitcases and 3 boxes full of stuff. I then wrote a letter to my parents.

The Letter:

Dear Mom & Dad,

I must leave. I can't stay here. My mate, Alpha Rivers, had sex with me and then rejected me. I am leaving. I promise I will come back, but in my own time. Please forgive me! I love you guys! <3

Love,

Aspen Reynolds <3

I had it all pack in my truck. I got in my truck and drove until I was out of the territory. I never once regretted my decision.

~Aaron's POV~

It was the start of the ceremony and Beta Reynolds walked out on stage. "Hello everyone! I'm Beta Reynolds, but not for much longer," he said laughing, "my daughter will be taking over the position in just a few moments. Anyhow, I would like to introduce my daughter Aspen Reynolds!" He said ecstatically, while looking around. Holy shit! What have I done? I rejected my Beta. Oh gosh! Beta Reynolds is going to kill me!

Right as he was starting to call for her to come up a second time I felt a horrible pain in my head. Ugh! You only get this pain when a member leaves your pack without clearing it with you first. I fell to the ground. Beta Reynolds ran over to me. "What's wrong?" He said yelling, which didn't help! "Someone is leaving the pack." I said quickly. "The only person who isn't here is Aspen." Her mom, Brandy, said before running out. Her dad, Bentley, followed his mate outside.

As soon as the pain stopped and I felt the chain to a pack member break and the mate bond weakens, I ran after them. Once I got to their house I found them in a pretty much empty room that smells like Aspen. Oh no! She really left. Bentley and Brandy were reading a letter, but then all the sudden Bentley turned around his eyes pitch black. He then slammed me into a wall, so hard I think it left a dent. "My daughter left because of you!" He said before dropping me and storming out.

WHAT HAVE I DONE?!?!