Chapter 8

~Aaron's POV~

It has been six years. Six years. Six years since I saw her. Six years since I smelt her. Six years since I rejected her. I regret it every single day. I wish I could go back and change it. I know it is common for werewolves who rejected their mate to say that, but I really, really, really, really regret it.

I am hoping she is going to come back. I need her to come back, but the bad thing is I felt her break the bond with me. I felt her be marked by someone else and let me just say that is hurt extremely, extremely bad.

I wonder where she is. I wonder who she is with. I wonder what she is doing. I wonder if she has kids. I wonder these things every day and it just makes me feel worse, but I deserve it.

~Blake's POV~

We were driving to the Mystic Pack. I'm scared for Aspen's sake, but I know she is strong. I was driving and when I came to a stop light I looked over at Aspen and I put my hand on her stomach. She is currently two months pregnant with twins and we couldn't be more excited. It has taken five years for us to finally get a pregnancy to stick. We have had four miscarriages in the last three years. It took us two years to even get pregnant and then we lost the baby very early on. We lost all our pregnancies only one week in. The doctor feels confident about these two though. They're our rainbow babies.

We are deciding to wait until they're born to know the genders. After a few minutes the light finally turned green. Ugh! Took it long enough. I just kept driving with my hand on Aspen's belly. Eleven minutes after I first put my hand on her perfectly round belly she opened her eyes and set her soft delicate hand on mine. She then intertwined our fingers. She looked at me with her magnificent eyes and then said, "how long was I asleep?" I started rubbing circles on her hand and then said, "ten hours." She looked at me shocked and then said surprised, "what? I was asleep for that long? How did you stay awake that long?" I laughed at her and then said, "I'm werewolf. I could stay awake for three days straight. Which is what we are doing. We need to make it there quickly so we can leave quickly. I know you don't want to be there longer than we have to." She then looked at me lovingly and then yawned. I laughed. "Hey! What you laughing about?" She said pulling her hand away and pretend hitting me. "Ouch! Ow! Ow! Ow!" I said sarcastically after she hit me. Then we both just laughed for what felt like 5 minutes straight.

After our laughing fit she grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers again. She then proceeded to yawn again and I leaned over and whispered as she closed her eyes, "go to sleep my love." I then kiss her forehead as she fell asleep. This is going to be a long drive.

~Two and a Half Days Later~

After a very long drive, very few conversations with Aspen, and a lot of stops we have finally made it to her pack. The Mystic Pack. We were getting close to pack boundaries, so I pulled off to the side of the road and started to wake Aspen up. After a minute or two of trying I finally just started kissing her and this seemed to get her attention, because not even a minute later she grabbed the back of my head and started kissing me back. I smiled and then pulled away. She then whispers out of breath, "so... not... fair." I laughed and said, "you're the one who told me to wake you up right before we got to pack boundaries." She then looked like she was in deep thought and said in a defeated tone, "ugh! I hate it when you're right." I laughed and then kissed her and then said, "you ready?" She grabbed my hand and said nervously, "as ready as I'll ever be."

After that we drove a little bit farther up to the pack boundaries and that is when I saw two boys who looked pretty similar to Aspen come up to the car. They came up to me as I rolled down my window. When I rolled it down and they saw Aspen they said, "Aspen..." and then proceeded to start tearing up and then went to her side of the car. They opened her door and she then let go of my hand and got out. I then got out and looked at the sweet scene happening in front of me. She was hugging with her brothers and they were whispering her name, while all she could say was, "I'm back..."