Chapter 16

~Aaron's POV (One Week Later)~

After my not so pleasant conversation with Aspen I headed back to the pack house. I walked in with my head hung low and only spoke when it was to greet a pack member. I went straight to my office and sat down in my chair. I looked up at the ceiling, just staring at it, for what seemed like hours, when my phone rang. I looked at it and didn't recognize the number. It didn't have a location either so I ignored it. I continued looking at the ceiling for a while longer.

About 10 minutes later my phone started ringing and it was the same number so I answered it. "Hello, who it this?" I spoke into my phone. All the person said, "You've been warned." And then they hung up. That's odd. I'll have to have our pack tech security look into it. What have I been warned about?

~Aspen's POV~

It has been one week since my conversation with Aaron. I feel bad for what I said, but I can't get hurt again. Most importantly though I can't let Emma get hurt. If she ever got hurt by Aaron I would never forgive myself for letting him back into our lives. We're going back to our home pack in a week anyways. It wouldn't make sense to have him come into Emma's life only for us to have to leave again. It would be cruel on both parts.

Anyways, Olivia and I are heading to my parents' house. We stayed at the pack house. Olivia and I – mostly me – have been saving up our energy to heal my dad. It takes a lot out of us. We may be the strongest werewolves in the world, but it isn't smooth sailing. It's difficult.

We made it to my parents' house right as the sun started rising. It is really early, but it's best to do this when we have our most energy. We walked in and both my parents were sitting on the couch watching the news. They both looked up at Olivia and I and smiled at us. Oh my gosh. I love my parents. They still love me so much even though I left and kept their grand-daughter from them for 6 years. How'd I get so lucky? I didn't realize completely until Olivia started dragging me to the backyard where the ritual would take place. We walked outside and my mom was sitting in the porch swing drinking her coffee. This gave me the most nostalgic feeling of when I was younger.

When I was around Emmy's age, I would be the last one to wake up. I would come down to an empty house, so I would go outside to the backyard. I would walk to the doorframe and look out. I would see my brothers and my dad playing catch and my mom would be sitting there drinking her coffee. In the exact place, she is currently sitting. I never realized how much I missed this place. I started to get tears in my eyes when I realized I had to leave so soon. I didn't want to go. I never want to leave again. It will completely break me to leave my family again.

I was pulled out of my pity party when Olivia tugged at my hand again and smiled at me. She could sense my pain somehow. She knew what it was like, except opposite. She hated going back to her pack. It brought horrible memories of her mate, their time together, and his horrible death back. She loved when we met up because it gave her and excuse to get away.

All my thoughts left me as we approached the center of the backyard. I looked to my Dad and Olivia started telling him what to do. "Okay, Beta Reynolds, stand right there." She said point to a hold in the ground. He did as she said and then looked at her for the rest of his instructions. "Okay, now one last thing. No matter what you do, you must stand perfectly still. The rest is up to us." She said looking to me and smiling. I smiled back as we joined hands. She went first as always. She started by lighting up a circle of fire around him. I went next adding a circle of water in the air above the fire. We then worked together meeting the fire and water in the middle. She used her earth element to add herbs from her medicine kit to the mix. I then created a bubble around everything. I looked at my mom and I could tell she was extremely concerned. I gave her a reassuring look and got back to it. Olivia and I worked together to get it spinning faster until finally it was around my dad. That's when the last and final part came in. I used my air power to push everything inside his body.

I looked and saw as he opened his eyes and was about to ask me a question when everything went black.

~Blake's POV~

I was with Emmy and Elijah when Brantley ran in and said, "Aspen is in the hospital! It's bad." Before he even got to the last two words, Emmy and Elijah were in my arms and we were in the car on our way to the pack hospital.

We arrived rather quickly considering I broke multiple traffic laws to get here. Brantley offered to watch Eli and Emmy in the waiting room while I went to Aspen. I quickly accepted and ran into the hospital. I ran to the front desk and asked the receptionist where Aspen was and they gave me the floor and room number. Floor 3, Room 27.

I was not waiting for the elevator so I raced up the stairs. This isn't the first time I've done this. This would be the 3rd time. I already have a feeling in my gut about what happened, but I can't bring myself to think about it until I know for sure. I reached her room and ran in. She was laying on her side balling her eyes out as I walked over to her. I got in beside her and held her. All she could do was cry and whisper, "I lost them..."

---

Hey... before you start with the pitchforks. This was not the original plan. I saw it in a comment on a precious chapter (They did not suggest it, they said they would cry if I did it. I'm sorry if I cause any tears) and thought the idea really fits for what I have coming next. I'm afraid we are coming to the end of this story. Only a few chapters left, then the sequel to this story, and "The Mate!" I'm so excited.

Rant: There is a difference between being rude and constructive criticism! I'm not a perfect writer. I'm literally only entering high school this fall! I'm getting better just please let me grow as a writer. I'm trying to get better, but being constantly put down for my mistakes makes me want to not continue writing. (Rude comments will be deleted!) Just please learn the difference! Thanks for your patience! Love you all!

Enjoy!

Comment! Vote! And follow me for updates!

-Kourtney