Chapter 11

~Aaron's POV~

Beta Reynolds isn't doing that good. My dad called the werewolf counsel and is getting the best two healers in the werewolf community. Olivia Greenwell and Aspen Sacramento. They are on their way to the pack house right now. My betas Ben and Brantley Reynolds just met them at the pack borders.

I love Ben and Brantley, but I can only be around them for so long. They both remind me too much of Aspen and of course they blame me for her running away. It hurts to think about her. After she ran away it took a long time for me to realize that when she left she took part of me with her. I'm a broken man. Have been since she left, will be until she comes back.

~Aspen's POV~

After I said that he just stared at me like I was a ghost. To him I was. He just stared at me and then he started walking towards me. Blake got in front of me before he could touch me and that caused Aaron to start growling. "Get. Out. Of. My. Way." Aaron growled out at Blake. Blake just stood there calmly saying, "she is my mate. Leave her alone." He just kept saying that repeatedly. When it looked, like Aaron was about to lunge at Blake I put a shield around us and when he finally lunged he just bounced off it.

After a few moments of him acting confused he finally calmed down. I looked at him with hateful eyes and he looked at me with loving eyes. He started stuttering out, "but you're my mate." I shook my head no and said in a monotone voice, "you broke the bond. I found my second chance mate. He marked me. He is my mate now. I'm not your mate now. Haven't been for a while now." He looked extremely hurt once I was done speaking. I'm not a cruel person, but I really didn't care that he was hurt. When he rejected me, he broke me. I was a broken woman. Blake saved me.