Chapter 10

~Aspen's POV~

They looked at me wide eyed. I know you would expect me to say yes. That would be the easiest and less messy way to go, but Blake and I decided that we didn't want to lie to Emma. I looked them in the eyes and spoke barley above a whisper, "Emmaline is going to be 6 years old in 2 and a half days and I got pregnant with her the night I left this pack." I heard both gasp and then Ben said, "Aaron is the father?" I nodded, but I couldn't look at them. It has been what felt like forever until one of them spoke. Brantley was the first to break the silence. "Aspen... does Aaron know?"

I looked at him probably looking extremely guilty. Ben then proceeded to scream at me, "he doesn't know!" I nodded starting to tear up and then he did something completely unexpected. He pulled me in for a hug. Then Brantley joined.

We all just stood in a hug and then they started squeezing me harder and I squeaked out, "can't... breathe." They heard me and they finally let go. I then looked over at Blake and he was looking at us with the biggest smile on his face. I then looked to my brothers who proceeded to stare at something behind me. I looked behind me and I saw Emma standing next to Eli and holding his hand. Ben whispered to Brantley, "she looks just like him." I nodded at them. She does. She has his green eyes and his dark-brown hair. Literally the only thing she got from me was my nose.

After a few moments, I said, "can we go to the pack house now? I want to see mom and dad." They both broke out of their trance and nodded. Ben then went into business mode and explained a few things to us, "When we get there you all will stay in the pack house since you are visitors. Two rooms have been prepared for you. Once we get to the pack you will meet Alpha Aaron. Then you all will be taken to mom and dad's house. They now live in a one bedroom cottage about a mile away. Any questions?" Blake, Olivia, and I looked at each other and we all shook our heads no. Brantley then looked at me and said, "Okay. You guys can drive your cars, and we can run." I shook my head no and said, "no, you guys can ride with us."

They thought about it and then nodded okay. Ben and Brantley got in the car with Blake and me. As we started driving Ben happily said, "oh, by the way, congratulations on the pregnancy." I looked down at my belly and started rubbing it and then thanked him. "Can I see a picture?" He questions. I nodded and reached into my purse and grabbed a picture. As I handed it to him I said, "it's twins." Both Ben and Brantley looked shocked and then happy. They then both just stared at the picture. After a minute of just staring, Ben handed it back to me right as we pulled up to the pack house.

My breath caught in my throat as we came to a stop. Aaron stood on the front steps of the pack house with his father and his third-in-command. As we stopped and they looked at the cars expectantly, Blake grabbed my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. I looked at him and then gave him a kiss on the cheek right before I opened my door. Once I got out I turned around before Aaron could see me and I went to Olivia's truck. I opened the door to the back and grabbed Emma's bag as she unbuckled and stepped down out of the truck. When I shut the door, Blake was right there and he picked up Emma and gave her a kiss on the forehead.

I smiled at him and then turned towards the pack house. I grabbed Blake's hand and then we started walking to the front steps. The entire time we were walking I felt Aaron's eyes on me. I knew he knew that it was me. We reached the front steps and I looked up at Aaron and said, "I'm back!"