Chapter 15

~Aspen's POV~

"Where's my daughter?" Aaron said looking around the room angrily. I was about to respond, until Blake started to speak. "She is in bed. She had a long few days." Aaron looked to me for confirmation and I nodded. He looked around at all of us and then said, "Aspen, you and I need to talk." I looked up to meet his eyes and I replied, "okay, speak."

Aaron stood there gathering his thoughts for what seemed like hours, until finally he spoke, but all he could say was, "why?" Tears welled in his eyes and I didn't care.

I couldn't let myself care. I just can' go down that road again. I can't let myself do that. If I did, this time I wouldn't recover. After realizing this I said the only thing I thought logical to say, "you rejected me. According to werewolf laws, and yes, I contacted the council, I am the only one related to her biologically that has any right to her. When you rejected me, since she was a part of me at that point, you rejected her. Feel free to contact the council, she isn't your daughter. Blake adopted her, both legally according to werewolf laws and human laws. You have no legal hold on her. Please leave us alone. Let me heal my Dad and then let me leave. Olivia, Blake, Emma, Elijah, and I will be out of here. We must get back to our packs as soon as possible. Please just leave us alone until then. Brantley or Ben will let you know once we leave."

~Olivia's POV~

Losing Remi was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I'm so glad I have Elijah. I don't know how I would've survived without him. Remi was lost in an attack from the humans. The war is getting bad. This thing that happened to Aspen's dad is just one of the many cases of it happening. The humans are trying to make us extinct. There are only 14 packs left in the world, only 3 in Europe, 2 in Asia, 2 in South America, and the last 7 are here in North America.

Humans keep wiping out packs one by one. I have visions, I haven't told Aspen this, but in a vision, I saw the war coming a lot quicker than we thought, like before we go back to our home packs. I need to tell her, but I want to let her have some time with her family, before I drop it on her.

-------

Thought some of "The Mate" fans would enjoy Olivia's POV! ;) Love you guys! 2 updates in 2 days! Yay! My updates will become slower once again as I start work tomorrow. Love you all!

Next update will be before Monday!

-Kourtney