Chapter 14

~Aspen's POV~

We pulled away and I looked to my daughter with tears and my eyes and said to her, "Emma, come meet your grandparents." "Grandparents?!" My parents both said, sounding shocked.

They looked at her studying her face. She did the same to them. Emma was the first to break the stare. She got uncomfortable with the staring and went and hid behind Blake. She kept peaking from behind his legs and then would hide again. My mom just kept staring into the space where Emma had previously stood, but my Dad looked to me with tears in his eyes and said, "she's adorable. Her name is Emma, right?" I nodded, my eyes flooding with tears again, and watched him as he went up to her and kneeled. She came from behind Blake's legs and stood in front of my Dad. They had a stare off for a moment until my Dad abruptly pulled her into a hug. He kept whispering to her, "welcome home Emma." Over and Over.

They already had an amazing bond. Watching them right now makes coming back here and facing Aaron so worth it. Everyone just looked at the adorable scene before I turned and looked at my mom. She was no longer staring into space but now she was staring at my Dad and Emma. She looked at me as if to ask for approval and I nodded at her. That's all it took for her to run over to Emma and my Dad and join in the hug.

I was looking around at everyone. Brantley was looking at the scene with tears in his eyes. Hunter was leaning into Ben, who also had tears in his eyes, watching the scene. Blake came over to me and pulled me into him. I snuggled into him and looked at my family. I'm officially home...

~Aaron's POV~

I missed 6 years of her life. I missed 6 years! That is not okay! Aspen kept me from her for 6 years! I will not miss anymore. I need to contact the werewolf council and discuss my rights to... oh crap. What's her name? I should probably find that out before I contact the council.

After my failed attempts of contacting my Betas through the mind link I decided to do the thing I dreaded. Seeing Aspen and her new mate. It made my wolf and I pissed just thinking about it. I walked out of the pack house and began walking to the one place that I know Ben and Brantley will be for sure. With Aspen at her Parents house.

It didn't take long to walk there from the pack house so I soon arrived at the front door. I knocked on the door and Aspen's mom is the one that opened the door. She looked at me the same way she had for the last 6 years. Pissed. Except this time, I think it was for an entirely different reason. Maybe the fact that she has a granddaughter she hasn't known the last 6 years. Well if she was mad about it she can join the party. She finally spoke after staring at me for a minute or two. "What do you want?" She glared at me as I replied with, "I would like to speak to your daughter, if you don't mind." She was about to respond when Aspen's mate, I think Blake was his name, showed up behind her. "even if she doesn't mind the rest of us, including Aspen do." He said, his eyes full of hate and it all directed at me. Aspen's mom walked off and I was left locked into a stare down with Blake. I finally broke the silence. "Please I just want to talk to her." He looked at me while I could see him struggling internally.

After what seemed like hours he finally came to a decision and replied with a harsh voice. "You can speak to her on a few conditions. No touching her, no upsetting her, no yelling, and lastly, the rest of us are in the room." My wolf didn't like his conditions, specifically the no touching part. He just wanted to make sure Aspen is okay, but reluctantly I agreed to Blake's terms and entered the house with Blake watching my every single move and I walked into the kitchen where everyone was. Aspen looked up at me. She looked at me until she muttered out annoyed by my presence, "what do you want?" Blake walked over and she snuggled into him. This making my wolf very angry as I said, "where's my daughter?" Noticing that she was not present in the room...

________

Thanks for being patient! It's summer! Thank goodness! Love you all!

Chapter 15 will be up before Friday!

-Kourtney