Part 22

The Lighthouse at Chelsea Piers.  Sunset.

The few guests have arrived and everything is ready.  Meg's mom and dad were there.  Even if they are not together they managed to be friends for the sake of their daughter.  Joey's family is complete.  They are happy for their eldest daughter for fulfilling her dreams and finding love.  Meg's colleagues were present except for her friend Kate.  Joey's friends were there too.  Classmates from med school, co-nurses and doctors.

Everyone was required to wear brown dress and suit.  Petals were scattered everywhere.  Blue and white lights surrounds the place. 

The piano starts to play...The Nearness of You is playing while they march down the aisle.  This song was the couple's first dance during their first date as friends.

Meg walks down the aisle followed by her parents. Meg is wearing a handmade crochet pearl white wedding dress.  She looks classic, gorgeous and charming.  Everyone was stunned when she walks slowly down the aisle, smiling at people that are about to witness their great love.  Joey's sisters were next to walk.  They look lovely in their brown gowns.  Justin follows wearing a brown suit and a bowtie.  He is adorable.  He is now legally part of the family.  The court gives custody to Meg.  Kate and her husband's relatives were not capable of raising Justin.  Justin had to stay for a few weeks at a child care facility to wait for another possible guardians.  Meg and Joey were saddened when that news came to them.  Until one day, they got a call from the child care and grants them full custody of Justin.  This cute little boy so innocent and young, his parents died a tragic death but now his life will be filled with love having Joey and Meg in his life.  Joey's parents were next to march.  When they reached the altar, they both hugged Meg and welcomes her in their family.

*Pachelbel Canon in D*

Joey slowly walks down the aisle.  Wearing the same dress like Meg just different in style.  Joey was lovely and happy.  The two brides were splendid and standout.  They display a love that is true and knows no bounds.  They have proved that whatever, whoever thwarts their love will not succeed when you are destined to be with that person.  Joey recalls all her good times with Meg while walking down the aisle while her beautiful bride waits for her at the altar.  Their eyes meet, a look of love shows in their eyes.  It is like two souls rejoicing inside them.  Finally, their souls found each other and bound to be together-forever.

Joey reached the altar, Meg took her hand.  They both stare at their hands, a last look as being girlfriends.  Then they both face the minister, it's like they are saying, "We are ready!"  A true smile of happiness.  A dream fulfilled for two lovers.

Meg delivers her vow to Joey:

"Joey, baby.  I thank the Heaven Above that we are allowed to meet.  When I met you, my world changed completely.  You might not be aware but I learned a lot from you.  I promise to take care of you and our son Justin.  We will build a family, a happy one.  I promise to support you in all that you want to achieve.  I will be the woman behind your success.  I have loved you in the past, remember the accident?  Then, I love you now, and I will love you forever and a day more."

Meg and Joey shed tears.  Love overflows from their heart.  Now it's Joey's turn to give her vow to Meg:

"Meg, I decided to sing my vow to you."

*Two Words by Lea Salonga*

In a while, in a word,
Every moment now returns.
For a while, seen or heard,
How each memory softly burns.
Facing you who brings me new tomorrows,
I thank God for yesterdays,
How they led me to this very hour,
How they led me to this place...