08

"you will pay for what you did"...

***

•Ariana's pov•

it's been a week since I last saw Selena, I've been meaning to ask Justin if he's talked to her but I know he's going to start asking questions, and I don't think he wants nor needs to know the answers.

Justin keeps asking about the job I said I would help him get. I had a talk with my 'boss' and he came up with a great plan.

"so are you sure he'll hire me?" Justin asks for like the hundredth time, I chuckle "Yes Justin, I'm a hundred percent sure he will" I say and he leans his head against the car seat.

"alright, you ready?" I ask and he nods. We step out the car and slam the doors shut.

if you really think about it, Justin working for my 'boss' is actually a great idea, this way I'll be able to keep an eye on him and Selena won't come in between our plan.

Justin kindly opens the door for me and I step into the tall familiar building.

I don't come here often, well only when we gather up for important meetings/business deals.

"hello Ms. Grande" A pretty blonde woman says with a big smile, she kinda looks my age, I'm sure she's new, I've never seen her here before, then again like I said it's been a while since I've been here.

"hello..." I squint my eyes to see her name on her ID hanging on her blazer. "Hailey" I say "you can go ahead and go up to the 13th floor, Room...." she pauses as she looks through the computer "Room 134" she finishes and I nod grabbing Justin by the arm and dragging him with me to the elevators located on the left side of the lobby.

I click the button and wait for the doors to open. "Justin are you nervous?" I say and he looks down at me "No, why?" he says and I smirk "Then why are you shaking?" I say. "shut up" he says and I laugh.

the doors finally open and we step in "Ari, you know I'm claustrophobic right?" he says and grab ahold of his arm "shít" I mumble and grab his arm and turn around to look at him "alright just look at me ok?" I say and he nods. we stay like that until the elevator dings indicating that we have reached level 13. but not even that can manage to bring us to move, we stay frozen looking at each other, what is this that I'm feeling...

"Ariana!" I hear a too familiar voice say, a smile tugs at my lips and I turn around to see my 'boss' standing outside the elevator. "Hey!" I shout and pull Justin by the arm and out the elevator.

"so this is Justin, the man I talked to you about" I say and he nods. He stares at Justin for a bit, but I notice a sparkle in his eyes. I furrow my eyebrows and drift off into my own thoughts, but after a while I shake it off. I notice my 'boss' and Justin shaking hands then realize that he's got the job, was I out that long? Damn.

"you can start right away if you'd like?" my 'boss' says and Justin immediately nods and they both walk off leaving me there, I guess I'll catch up with some friends and ask about who that girl in the lobby is.

I walk into the elevator again and click on the highest level there is since I know that's where they'll be.

the elevator doors open and I strut out into the room, I insisted that we made this into a room, more like penthouse type. it has three bedrooms a game room, living room, kitchen, dinning room, all that good stuff.

it's a nice space. I take my key and open the door, closing it behind me I make my way to the kitchen an grab a bottle of water.

"nice to see you Ariana" his voice echoes and I freeze. "its been a while since I last saw you" he continues and I let out a shaky breath. I turn around and my eyes lock with his "hey Sean" I say.

my knees grow weak and I feel like I'm about to pass out.

Sean and I were really close, friends since birth actually, and then some unfortunate things happened and we drifted apart. I hadn't seen him since that one god awful day, he looks so different.

"you ok? you look a bit pale" he says and out of nervousness I laugh, like an awkward laugh, "yeah I'm fine" I say and clear my throat.

"how have you been?" I ask and he shrugs his shoulder. "good I guess, I've missed you, you know" he says and I look down at my feet. "really?" I say no louder than a whisper. I hear footsteps coming closer and feel Sean lift my chin up "yes, really" he says and I wrap my arms around his neck and hug him tight. "i've missed you too" I say and feel him squeeze me tighter.

"Ariana!!!" I hear a familiar voice shout. a smile forms onto my lips "Gigi!" I shout and let go of Sean to run into Gigi's arms.

"I haven't seen you in forever!" she says and we let go of each other. "I know..." I say

"what we don't get any love?" i hear my favorite people in the world say. "Frankie, Avan, come her you two!" i shout and pull them into a group hug. Frankie is my brother and Avan is a good friend of mine. The whole squad is here, I look at all of them and smile, this is my family.

everyone starts to talk amongst themselves and I feel someone grab me by the arm and pull me into a separate area. "Gigi! what'd you do that for?" I say and laugh.

"I want all the gossip about this job you're doing" she says bouncing up and down like a crazed woman. I playfully roll my eyes and giggle.

"but you already know what it is" I whine and she slaps my arm. "ow" I hiss and she smirks. "well duh! but I want to know the juicy stuff, is he cute? is he a good kisser? have you two f-" I slap her arm this time before she can finish her sentence. "ouch, what was that for?!" she says and I glare at her. "i'm sorry" she says and I smirk. "yes, idk, and not yet" I answer her and give her a wink then walk away. I hear her gasp and I laugh. this girl....

*****

"so who's the blonde in the lobby?" I ask.

"she's been here for about 6 months" Avan speaks up and I nod. "she's very secretive" Gigi chimes in. "she seems paranoid, she's always looking at her surroundings as if something is going to jump out at her" Frankie says. "maybe because she's in a building full of vampires?" I say but it comes out as a question.

Frankie laughs and so does everyone else. "Ari you know only vampires work here" he says and I glare at him. "I knew that" I say and everyone bursts into laughter again, I cross my arms over my chest and stare angrily at everyone.

"we should all hang out tonight" Sean says, we think for a moment and agree to hang out. "my place?" I suggest "alright sounds like fun, you better bring your lover so we can all finally meet him" Gigi says and I smack her head. She groans and brings her hand to the back of her head. "he's not my lover you bitch" I say and we both laugh.

"alright I'll see y'all tonight" I say as I stand up from the floor where we were all sitting in a circle. I dust off the invisible dust and head towards the door.

"ariana" I hear Sean say, I turn around and he's right in front of me, damn did he run?, "yes?" I ask.

"it really was nice seeing you again" he says and I smile, I give him a quick hug and turn back towards the door and leave.

I make a right turn and bump into someone "i'm s-, what are you doing here?!" I say and clench my hands into fists.

"business meeting" she says and I roll my eyes. "business meeting? what kind of businesses could you possibly be doing?" I ask, amusement evident in my voice.

"that's none of your concern" she says, "there's a reason as to why I'm here, and I won't stop until I've achieved it" she says and starts to walk away I hear her whisper to herself "you will pay for what you did"

my body instantly freezes, so that's why she's here.....

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thank you bbs for being so patient with me, I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter :)

Until next time (which I hope is soon)

Byyyyeeeeee ;)