Butterfly |SeokJin|

Length: 421 words
Warning: Angst, death.

"People say butterflies are usually associated with death. Do you think so too Jin?" She asked the boy who's laying on the grass down beside her. The tired boy just grunted as a reply. His eyes were closed but not asleep. She took this as a sign to continue.

"Maybe that's why butterflies are so beautiful. Because I believe that good people go to heaven, which turns them into a butterflies. It shows how beautiful they were inside and now, it is represented by the colours all over its wings." She rambled, hands gesturing wildly, showing her excitement about this topic.

Jin smiled. He knew her inside out. Even with his eyes closed, he could predict what she was doing and he was proven right when he peeked through his fingers that were covering his eyes. Even though the sunlight was strong, it was just perfect to highlight the details of the girl's face.

He never told her that he loved the scars caused by acne on her face because they showed that she was very human like.

He never told her that he loved the crinkles formed on her face when she smiles.

He never told her that he loved her concentrated face when she was doing her work.

And there were so many things he didn't get to tell her.

And he never will.

That phone call changed his life. He was on tour when it happened. All he could do was to stare at it in disbelief. He wanted to cry and scream so badly but no sound came out. He never showed grief. In actual fact, he didn't show much emotions at all.

When he came back from tour, the first thing he did was to do their favourite thing: lay on the grass.

As he stared at the sky, he sighed. The first tear flowed down his face. It represented the regret of the goodbyes and "I love you"s he had never said. He missed her so much and this was the very first time he had actually showed it. He could taste the saltiness of his tears that flowed down to his lips as he sat up. As he wiped them away with the sleeves of his sweater, that's when he saw it.

The most beautiful butterfly he had ever saw.

It flew past him and flew all over the side of where she used to lie beside him. It did that for quite awhile before flying off.

He smiled.

Goodbye. I love you.