Broken Home |Jimin|

Length: 648words
Warning: Angst, family fights ((please don't read this if it's triggering.))
A/N: This song means a lot to me and I got really emotional as I wrote this so. Yep.

**Guide: Italicised words are the lyrics of the song.**

Inspired by: Broken Home-5SOS

They would yell, they would scream, they were fighting it out.

"Jimin! You can't keep going out with your friends, you have a daughter now, you have to be responsible!" She shouted at her husband of fourteen years after he came home later than he had promised. "Well, I had spent my time working for this family, I deserve some time to relax!" He yelled back. Soon, mistakes of the past were brought up. Words thrown at each other, none willing to back down.

.

She would hope, she would pray, she waiting it out. Holding onto a dream while she watches it all fall down.

Sitting in her own room, she could hear the shouts again. Even though she was only twelve, she knew that she had to trust her instincts when they told her that this, everything that was happening was wrong.

Placing her hands over her ears, she crumbled down on her bed and faced down on her pillow, muffling her sobs. As she drifted off to sleep, she hoped that her dreams of an intact family will come true.

.

Wrote it down on the walls, she was screaming it out. Made it clear, she's still here, are you listening now?

"That's it! I'm done! I'm done! I'm taking her and we are leaving." She yelled at Jimin as she barged into their daughter's room, only to be shocked by what she saw. She turned to look at Jimin that stormed in after her, his face mirroring hers.

Their daughter was crying hysterically. Rocking herself on the bed as she whispered to herself, "Please stop, it will be fine one day. Please. Please stop."

The wall her bed frame was leaning on was scribbled with messy handwriting.

Hey mum, hey dad, when did this end? Where did you lose your happiness?

As they approached her, Jimin scanned the writings.

"Please, please stop fighting."

"Where did the blissful couple go?"

"Please go back to the time when you guys got married, the pictures showed how happy you both were."

"If it's because of me. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

As she reached out to her daughter, her daughter screamed and scooted away.

Who's right, who's wrong, who really cares? The fault, the blame, the pain's still there.

"Please just stop fighting. Why fight to prove that you are right? What does it mean to get the upper hand in this relationship? It's really hurting me."

All the battles, all the wars, all the times that you've fought. She's the scar, she's the bruises, she's the pain that you brought.

As Jimin scanned his daughter's broken formed, he saw how tightly she was holding herself. It left blue black fingerprint markings on her elbows, some turned yellowish brown as they faded while others looked fresh. As he watched her, he saw a deep cut on her left palm. Without hesitation, he reached over her her left hand, holding it in his as he asked, "What happened?"

Hearing her dad's concern and seeing her mum crying, she spoke softly. "That day when you guys fought in the kitchen, you broke a glass and none of you cleaned it up. I'm afraid you will storm out like sometimes when you guys fought so I cleaned it up before any of you got hurt."

His daughter's words struck him hard. How could they do this to her? Their twelve-year-old daughter is supposed to be hanging out with her friends at the nearby park, playing till they are fatigue. Now, because of their fights, they had forced her to grow up.

With tears in his own eyes, he hugged his wife and his daughter. "We'll get through this together. We'll get the happiness back. I'm sorry. We're really sorry."

"Please promise me that you both won't make me be stuck in between a nightmare and my lost dreams again."