Number Two pt. 3.2 |Taehyung|

Length: 719words
Warning: Angst/fluff?????
A/N: I REALLY WANT TO END THIS SCENARIO BC IT HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR TOO LONG AND I NEED TO GIVE HOBI SOME LOVE SO THIS IS THE END OF NUMBER TWO. I hope you guys will like it! *hearts flying everywhere*

.

Running out of the dorm, Taehyung barely put on his shoes. He slammed the door of his car and shakily inserted the key into the keyhole before starting the engine. When he was driving, all he could think about was her. How will she react when she found out that he broke up with Mihee? How will she react when she found out that she was on his mind the whole time? How will she react when she found out that he chose her? All those questions were floating in his head.

.

When he reached her house, he noticed that there was a dim, soft yellow light coming from her room. He remembered that whenever she couldn't fall asleep, she would turn on her bedside lamp and thinking about random things that bothered her until she fell asleep. However, it would often turn into nightmares and Taehyung remembers her waking up crying when he slept over sometimes. He would usually hold her close and comfort her until she fell back asleep and she usually does not have any reoccurrence of the nightmares.

Slowly and silently, he slipped his own pair of keys into her door hole to unlock it. Even though they haven't been hanging out a lot since Mihee came into the picture and he knew he doesn't deserve to hold onto her spare key, but it felt like a physical part of the friendship that was still with him and that he can't and won't let go. He removed his shoes and made his way to her room, his mind exploding with words that he wanted to say.

As he entered the room, he noticed that she had already fell asleep. Tear streaks were dried up on her cheeks and used tissue papers were all over her bed. The sight of her just broke Taehyung's heart. Didn't Jimin say that she had already stop crying? Why was she still crying at home? And there was no one to blame for it except for himself. He looked around the room and noticed that the picture they took together was still up on her nightstand. He smiled as he remember her telling him that she only put up pictures of people she cared about. He was glad and relieved that he still had a place in her heart and that he might still have a chance.

He sat by the bed and gently brushed her hair away from her face with his fingers. Why did he only realise that he had an angel right beside him when she chose to leave? She was there from the beginning and it never occurred to him that she is the one for him. "I guess my big eyes were blind for the whole time." Taehyung made a silly joke to himself. He remembered how he would tell her that his big eyes could see everything yet he was blinded by his own infatuation for Mihee and never saw his feelings for her and her feelings for him. He slipped his hand into hers as he laid his head on the edge of her bed. He hoped that he would never lose grip of her and never let her go like how he did.

.

"Taehyung!" She screamed as she lurched forward, sitting up from her nightmare, her eyes shooting open. As she closed her eyes and tried to calm down her breathing, she heard his deep, soothing voice, trying to calm her down. "Tae?" She called out softly, her voice still shaking from the nightmare. Within seconds, his arms were around her like how he used to comfort her after a nightmare. In her vulnerable state, she just accepted the fact that Taehyung was there for her and that it was all normal, at least for a while.

"I'm here, don't worry, I won't leave you ever again." Sobbing, she cried into his chest. "I missed you. The monsters grew worse without you here." "I missed you too, I'm sorry that I wasn't here to protect you the past few times. But I'm here now and I'm here to stay as I chose you. "

"You promise?"

"I promise."

As they embraced, she felt safe and the only person that could ever hurt her would be the one holding her tight in his arms.