Chapter 4 - Right and Wrong

—Remy

I punch the bag again, my fist swaying the punching bag to the right before my other fist punches it back. Again, and again I hit it. It hurts my knuckles, but I don't care.

Jaime's angry about me leaving him without telling him. I didn't realized how much it affect him that I left him that night to go with Wanda and Mev. I didn't think it would matter after we brought Zatanna back.

That's the problem I guess, I didn't think it would matter. When to Jaime, it matters so much.

I'm such an idiot, running away without a second thought of Jaime. But in the end, I didn't have any other choice. I did what I had to. He and I both know if I told him, he wouldn't have let me go.

I yell and punch the bag hard. It violently swings on its rope. I drop my arms beside me, and I simply stare at the bag. Tears fill my eyes.

This situation is impossible. There's no winning. Aren't the heroes supposed to be happy after saving the world?

I angrily wipe my eyes and walk away from the trainer center. I take off down the hall and head outside. It's dark, the sun just barely setting. The cold air nips at my skin. My tank top and sweat pants not doing much against the cold. I walk down to the beach and sit down in the sand. I bring my knees up to my chest and wrap my arms around them.

I hate that I didn't realize how much I hurt Jaime. I hate that he is so over protective of me. I hate how we're both wrong and right at the same time. I hate that we're fighting. I hate that he's not here with me.

A scarlet blur comes in my field of vision and I look up just as Bart skids to a stop beside me.

"Hey, Remy." He says, giving a small smile. "Jaime told me what happen."

I let out a breath, bowing my head. "Is he still angry?"

"Yeah, but hey, don't worry about it. He still loves you and all couples fight, right?" He asks, I hear him plop down in the side beside me.

"Who do you think is in the right here?" I blurt out, looking up at him. He stares at me for a moment before he speaks.

"I don't know, Remy. I mean, you shouldn't have gone off without telling Jaime, but if you had you wouldn't have saved Zatanna. Jaime has the right to know if you're doing something dangerous but he doesn't control your every decision. I don't know, I think you're both wrong and right, does that make sense?"

"Ugh!" I yell, frustrated. That's exactly what I've been thinking and that still doesn't help me at all.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. Look, Jaime won't be angry forever. Just give him a little time. When he comes back and apologizes to you, you apologize to him too!" I look at him and he's wearing a big grin.

I give in and smile. Giving him a good slug in the arm, I say, "Wow, Bart, I didn't know you were such a great therapist."

He laughs and puffs out his chest.

"Well, I am pretty great—" He's cut off by the bright red light shining down on us. We both look up and see a flaring object flying high in the air. Its burning, smoking and a bright red light coming off of it. The entire world around us is bathed in a strange red light.

A red comet.

Bart and I both scramble to our feet as we keep our eyes on the burning asteroid heading right over Mt. Justice. It passes over and heads into the forest behind the mountain, a moment later, it crashes into the ground. The red light disappears as an explosive sound is heard. Bart and I glance at each other, and we already know what the other is thinking.

I'm armoring up just as Bart zips away. Getting into the air, I head straight for the crash site just as Bart enters the tree line. The comet actually landed pretty far into the forest.

Bart's going to get there before me, and I hope that it's simple a burning rock and not an alien ready to kill anything it lays eyes on.

Khori Ja boosts up my speed, and I head for the burning smoke column that trails into the sky.

* * *

It's about to get really crazy! Anyways, who do you think is right here? Remy or Jaime?

—RoseandPaper