Chapter 10 - Confrontation

—Wanda

Remy and Jaime both burst into the room  just as the T.V. show ends. Mev and I both look up from our position on the couch.

"Hey, have you guys seen M'gann?" Remy asks, her armor is on, Jaime's is too.

"I think they're up at the Watchtower with Nightwing, having some meeting with the Justice League. Why?" Mev asks. His green arms are wrapped around my shoulders, and I feel the vibrations in his chest as he speaks.

"We need to find out the truth, Remy." Jaime says, his eyebrows narrowed in worry.

"I know, we need to talk to her now." Remy says, impatient and frustrated.

"Wait, what's going on?" I demand. Remy and Jaime finally focus on us, Jaime gives me a cold stare.

"You know the alien girl we found?" Remy asks.

"Yes. Bart told us about her, saying her name was Nova." Mev says, looking curiously between the two Beetles.

"Well, she has a friend." Remy breathes out, "His name was Maska something something, and well, he seemed to be some sort of officer from their planet that wants to bring Nova back for murder."

Mev and I are both in shocked silence. I stand up and Mev follows me. Jaime's cold stare focuses on me as I move to stand in front of them with Mev by my side.

"We need to go get her, now." I say.

"Remy doesn't believe that what Maska was saying is true. We want M'gann to search Nova's mind and found out the truth." Jaime says, finally not glaring at me anymore.

"I can search Nova's mind." Everyone looks at Mev. His cheeks flush at the attention, and I remember how much I love the blush on his green skin. "I mean, I'm not as powerful as my mom, but I'm still pretty strong."

"Perfect!" Remy nearly yells in excitement, "Let's go talk to her now."

She begins turning to head for the infirmary when Jaime grabs her hand.

"We need to tell Bart first." He reminds her. She nods, and looks back at us.

I look up at Mev, "Are you sure you're up to it, Mev? You don't have to do it right now." I tell him softly.

He straightens up, determined. "I can do it. Let's go."

We all start walking, and Mev reaches out to me mentally.

"Do you think she's a murderer?" He asks me quietly.

"Most likely. Why else would another alien show up looking for her? She's obviously running from something."

Mev becomes silent, unsure. I feel like the alien we have in our infirmary is up to no good.

We enter the hallway, and once outside the infirmary, Mev notices that Bart is in there with Nova. Speaking in his mind, Mev tells Bart to come out into the hall and we proceed to tell him everything that has happen, including the plan to get the truth from Nova.

Bart is silent for a moment, but then says, "I don't think she's a murderer."

"I don't either, but we still need to know for sure." Remy tells him.

Bart gives a nod in respond, before heading back into the room to tell the now awake Nova that some people want to meet her.

Jaime and Remy head in first, and she introduces her boyfriend. Then, Mev and I head inside.