Chapter 40 : my past

Cassie's P.O.V :

I think it was time to tell the boys about my past .....

Cassie : "guys promise me first some things"

They nodded .

Cassie : "well first off . Promise me that you won't tell anyone about my past"

The boys : "we promise"

Cassie : "second promise that you won't treat me any differently"

The boys : "we promise"

Cassie : "ok so here is my story from the very beginning"

I took a deep breath and started to say the story that has been bottled up inside me for a long time :

"Well so my mom and dad were both from poor families , well kind of , they were both working to help their families and they were both working at the same place so that is how they knew each other . They were 17 at the time and non of them were in school , they left it when they were 16 to help their families , they both fell in love , when they were 20 dad proposed to my mom . They both afforded a small house to live in . One night they had sex and my mom got pregnant . My parents wanted to miscarriage me but my aunt from my mon's family said that they shouldn't do it and it was there mistake because if they couldn't afford a baby then they should have atleast used protection . I was born in bad condition , both of mom and dad didn't have a job which means that they didn't have a house , they both became homeless . My aunt told them that I shouldn't be living this way as it was not my problem so she took me to her house and took care of me until I was in grade 4 . She told me the whole story which I am telling you guys now . I never saw my parents . Until one day I heard that my parents got a job and returned to the old house . They came to visit me and my aunt but they when my aunt left to the bathroom , they started telling me how worthless I am and that I was a mistake . But when my aunt came back they said that they were ready to take me home , I didn't want to go there even though I have never been there but from what I heard from my aunt before they come and from the words they just told me , I knew they were going to treat me bad and my life would be hell . They wanted me to quit school but I didn't want because I loved to study , I loved education, I wasn't like those other children who would dream of leaving school , I was the total opposite. My aunt said that she will be responsible about my school . I went to a school but I was bullied . My parents would beat me up and wouldn't bring me anything . They wanted to break me . My aunt suggested adopting me since she was rich and she was unmarried but my parents didn't agree and the reason was because they wanted to break me . I just concerned on my studies . They controlled me , I wasn't allowed to be friends with boys . Until I was friends with Clara she introduced me to David and we became friends. My parents knew that I had a friend called Clara but David was like my secret friend . I had only 3 people in this world supporting me which are my Aunt , David and Clara . My aunt would bring me anything I want but I didnt want many things . That is why I always should take someone with me if I went shopping because I have difficulties in choosing clothes alone , some people say that it is not having confidence and I guess it is true . I knew what losing money means an that is why I don't like spending too much money . Because you dont know if it will last , in a minute you can loose all of your money . My parents ruined me . Last year I told my aunt that I want to come here to take the real IGCSE and she agreed but my parents didn't agree but my aunt ignored them and she flew me here and here I am now"

I finished my story with tears down my cheeks . I felt like a weight has been removed from my shoulder . I looked up to see the boys with a teary eyes .

Louis : "I never imagined that your life would be like that"

Cassie : "it is beautiful what a smile can hide"

Liam : "you are very strong Cassie"

Cassie : "well I try"

The boys got up and hugged me , I hugged them back .

Harry : "so I guess that your aunt bought you this house and car and paid for your school ???"

I nodded .

Cassie : "and that is the reason I work . I need to be independent and try and give back for her"

Niall : "Cassie do you still get bullied in school ???"

He asked bitting his lips . All I did was juat nod . They again hugged me .

Zayn : "now I understood why do you hate your parents"

Liam's P.O.V :

I have never imagined that Cassie could have this awful life . She was so strong , she haven't cut or killed her self or ran away but no , she stayed and she kept strong . Now I love her more , no not because I felt pity for her but because I knew how strong she is .

Harry : "guys let's go get ice cream"

She looked at the time and laughed .

Cassie : "do you want ice cream at 2 am in the winter ???"

Harry : "so ??? Who cares plus it will make you feel better"

She nodded . She ran upstairs and soon she came back down wearing a hoodie . She didn't change out of her leggings.

Liam : "ready ???"

She nodded and we went out .

Cassie : "now who's driving ???"

Louis was about to raise his hand when she laughed and said :

"Well no one will drive , I will"

I ran to her and carried her throwing her gently in the back seat . She laughed and screamed and I laughed .

Liam : "now give me the keys"

She gave me them and I tossed them to Louis . He got in the driver's seat and Zayn got in the passenger seat . Me , Cassie , Niall And Harry got squeezed in the back seat . I was beside the window and Cassie was beside me and Niall was beside her then Harry was beside Niall and beside the other window . Our bodies were squeezed together . Cassie laid her head on my shoulder as I looked out of the window to try and hide my smile . I thought of the story shhe was telling just few minutes ago and I was pulled out of my thoughts when we arrived at the ice cream shop .

***********************************Author's note : vote : comment . Share . Follow

1146 words