Chapter 102 : breakfast

Cassie's P.O.V :

After we finished eating at McDonald's , we went out and got in the car once again . I turned on the radio as Liam started driving to our destination which we should be reaching after two hours .

~
~
~

Liam parked the car and we both went out . We were at starbucks . An hour had passed since our journey began and we still have one hour , Liam decided to have a break for driving by stopping by at Starbucks , I sat down as Liam stood in front of me .

Liam : "so what will you drink or eat ???"

Cassie : "well I will take a lemon and mint breeze"

He nodded and went to the cashier , minutes later he returned with a tray having two cheesecakes , my lemon and mint breeze and a coffee for him . He sat down .

Cassie : "I believe that I didn't mention anything about ordering a cheesecake"

Liam : "well who told you I ordered you a cheesecake . Both are mine"

I was about to say that he is joking and he can't eat two cheesecakes , he said :

"Nah just joking . It is for you , I know you didn't order it but I did"

He smiled cheekliy and that made me slap him .

Liam : "is this your way of thanking me ???"

I nodded and smiled cheekliy . After we were done eating and drinking . We went back to the car and Liam started driving again . This time we made a small talk and after we were done from talking we turned on the radio and sang along to some of the songs that came .

~
~
~

So it was now 9 am and we have finally reached . We went out of the car and knocked on the door . Seconds later , the door opened and Emma appeared . Me and Liam looked at each other surprised before we both turned to look at her .

Emma : "Liam babe . Surprise"

She took Liam in a hug and then kissed him and I stood there feeling awkward and so much wanting to push her away from my babe . A few hours ago , I was saying that it is going to be a good weekend now I doubt that and I don't know if I will be able to stand an hour in this house with her presence in it . I couldn't stand there anymore so I walked right past them and into the house . I saw Geoff sitting on the couch reading a newspaper .

Cassie : "Geoooooff"

He looked at me and smile , folding the newspaper and putting it on the coffee table then standing up and saying :

"Cassie darling welcome home"

He hugged me and I hugged him back .

Caasie : "thanks Geoff . Um where are the others ???"

I then heard a sound coming from the kitchen and I recognised it as Karen's voice . I went to the kitchen and she was cooking , she dried her hand in a handkerchief that was on the countertop and hugged me .

Karen : "oh darling we have missed you so much"

Cassie : "I missed you too Karen . What are you doing there ???"

Karen : "preparing breakfast of course"

Cassie : "here let me help you"

I started helping her while we made a small talk . Liam came in after about 5 minutes and took his mom in a hug . He sent me a smile when he was hugging her and I returned the smile . By now , Geoff , Emma and Liam had joined me and Karen in the kitchen and took their places around the island table . We all made a small talk . Just as me and Karen were putting out the food on the table . We heard footsteps and I knew that they belonged to Ruth and Nicola . When they saw me , they did squeal like little kids and ran to me , engulfing me in their arms . I laughed and hugged them back both . I can say that I was dying and running out of breath but it was a great moment . After a couple of seconds , I had to pull away because of the lack of oxygen I was getting . They sat down and I went back to helping Karen . Then me and Karen joined everyone on the table . After about 5 minutes . Ruth said :

"Liam , Cassie , you both haven't touched your food"

Liam : "it is because we already ate breakfast on our way here"

Cassie : "we ate breakfast twice"

Liam : "yeah yeah"

Geoff : "what did you eat ???"

Me and Liam looked at each other , waiting to see who will answer . Liam gave me a nod confirming that I can talk .

Cassie : "we ate at McDonald's then at Starbucks"

Karen : "still , homemade food is better"

Liam , Ruth , Nicola , Emma and me rolled our eyes . Making Geoff and Karen to laugh .

Karen : "c'mon darlings just eat a little bit"

I nodded and even though I was full I ate a little of the food in my plate so that I wouldn't make her sad . Seconds later Liam followed my actions and ate also a little . We made a small talk and after we were done , we drank our tea and coffee in the garden . After that , I decided to sleep so I excused myself and went upstairs to the guest's room . Once I laid down on the bed I realised how tired I actually am .

~
~
~

Liam's P.O.V :

I don't know why the hell Emma is here . Cassie went to sleep and I am still till this moment confused as to why is Emma is here . I turned to Emma and said :

"So when did you arrive here ???"

Emma : "well last week , your parents called me and said that I should come and that it should be a surprise"

I nodded . I thought that I would have a great weekend with my family and Cassie but that idea went away when I saw her at the doorsteps . I am still determined to make this weekend a good one for Cassie . Emma said that she would go to sleep too and that left me with my family . We shall have a good talk now ......

--------------------------------------------------------- Author's note : Vote . Comment . Share . Follow .

1015 words

1s2