1

HELLO, MY OLD HEART.

Hey.

Jung-Hwa hugged her from her back, Ae-cha smiled sweetly and turned to her boyfriend.

“Are you done with your work?” she asked, still busy on her laptop.

Jung-Hwa looked at what she was doing and wrinkled his forehead, “Are you still looking for other jobs? What's this?” he took the mouse from her and take a closer look on the laptop's screen. “Ghad. Fiction Writing Jobs?” Jung-Hwa took a deep breath, “Seriously?”

“Hey, don't get mad.” she forced a smile and held Jung-Hwa's hands, “I just check on it. I don't have any plans to apply.”

Jung-Hwa felt relieved, “That's good. You need this job more than you'll ever need that job. You know that, right?”

She nodded, but stayed quiet.

“Hey, Ae-cha.. listen, okay?” Jung-Hwa touched her face and looked at her eyes, “I know it's your passion but you need this job. This is all what you've got. Not everyone has the opportunity to get this job and you are lucky because you got one.”

“I know. I was just browsing. Don't worry, I will not disappoint you. I'll take care of this job.” she assured Jung-Hwa.

He pat her head gently, “This will be good for you.”

Jung-Hwa left her office and went back to his office. She was left quiet and staring blankly at the computer screen.

She sighed, “Ae-cha. What are you thinking.”

They say that dreams are only for those who sleeps, then Ae-cha would rather sleep a little longer just to be who she wants to be.

She always dream of so many things. Since her childhood days, she dreamed of being a writer. Now that she's grown enough, she've realised that life wasn't easy.

And here she's now, incapable of everything. And will never get out from slumps of life.

For her, some dreams are big. Some are just small. Sometimes you have to choose, because you cannot have them all.

Some dreams can come true, her dreams, sadly, can not. Others can even live without having dreams.

But for Ae-cha, she'll have to fight.
It's just that, sometimes, others are already on their route but she's stuck on her own.

Some dreams last a day. Others last for a lifetime. Some are possible. But Ae-cha's dreams are not.

But she have to dream on, sometimes for her passion.
But mostly, for a living. Because that's all she got.

“It's really hard to dream when no one believes in you.” she said to herself, still browsing and day dreaming on her computer screen.

Ae-cha glanced at her office, “this is what I do for a living, sitting and standing for more than 8 hours just to sell tour packages. It's a nice job, actually.”

“this job is fun. Your investment is just talking to people and encourage them to avail your package. There's nothing wrong in this job. What's wrong is what's really in my heart...”

She smiled sadly and sighed, “Cheong Ae-cha. You should stop being dramatic. Your boyfriend is right, I can't actually make money with my passion. I make money for a living. But all of these money that I make cannot buy my happiness.”

Jung-Hwa knocked and opened her door, “Let's go, Ae-cha.”

“Okay. I'll follow. I'll just clean my table.” she answered.

They were already out on their office's machine and went outside the building.

“Do you want to go out for dinner?” Jung-Hwa asked.

She shook her head, “Its alright. I'm still full. Do you want to take out something?”

“You're not going to eat with me?” Jung-hwa asked sadly. “Okay. let's just eat on your apartment. I'll cook for you.”

She just agreed to what Jung-Hwa wants, they went to her apartment and he cooks for the dinner. Ae-cha really find it cute when he cooks for her, instead of eating on restaurant. She would rather save money for her dream than dine out.

“Don't you really want to move to my condo?” Jung-Hwa asked while they're eating snacks.

She shook her head, “I will be fine here. I'm more comfortable here, Jung-Hwa. I can't save money if my home is more expensive than my income.”

“But i'd be more comfortable if you'll stay near my condo unit. I can watch you more and you're safer when you're close to me.” Jung-Hwa suggested.

Ae-cha just smiled at it, “Kwon Jung-Hwa, I'll stay here. Okay? I can handle myself. One more thing, we've been together since college and until now that we're working.”

“Then let's live in one roof,” Jung-Hwa stated and kissed the back of her hand, “Don't you like it? As you said, we've been together since college, maybe it's time if we move in the same house.”

Ae-cha's eyes widened as she swallowed and forced a laugh, “Hey, Kwon Jung-Hwa, you know that I don't want us to share the same bed and even the same house until we are married, remember?”

“then let's get married.” Jung-Hwa confidently stated.

Ae-cha was stunned. Jung-Hwa pulled a small box out of his pocket and showed her a ring.

“Are you serious?” she asked nervously.

Jung-Hwa took her hand and put the ring on her finger, they both smiled when their eyes met.

“Marry me, Ae-cha.”

She smiled, “I will.”

Then they hugged each other. Although Jung-Hwa does not support her in her dream of becoming a writer and publish a book, Ae-cha still loves him with all her heart.

They have long planned to get married, they dated for 4 years and it wouldn't be so bad for them to get married. She accepted the ring so it also means that she's going to marry him. Soonest.

But for now, she still have these strong desire to make her dreams come true before getting married to the love of her life.