7

Hello, My Old Heart

It's Ae Cha's rest day today but she was surprised when Mr. Suh asked her to report on work, she has no choice but to follow what the CEO ordered.

While waiting for Mr. Suh to finish his conference call, Jung-Hwa approached her. “I thought it's your off, Why are you here?”

“Mr. Suh wants to talk to me.” she replied.

Jung Hwa's forehead twitched, “About what?”

“I have no idea.” she shrugged, “by the way, Jung Hwa. Let's have dinner later and I have something to tell you.”

Jung Hwa's eyes ligthened up, he smiled. “Oh, okay.  I'll see you later then...”

“See you.”

After talking to Jung Hwa, she entered Mr. Suh's office no matter how nervous she is. She really have no idea with the sudden report.

“Annyong.” Ae Cha bowed.

“Annyong. Anjuseyo.” Mr. Suh motioned her to sit.

Ae Cha just sat as he said. Mr. Suh was focused on his computer screen and the more she feels the awkwardness in silence.

“Aren't you going to ask me why I asked you to come here?” Mr. Suh seriously asked.

She nervously asked, “A...are you going to fire me?     ”

Ae Cha look down and her hands were becoming sweaty, she suddenly stood up and bend her body. Mr. Suh was shocked to see it.

She took a deep breathe, “Mianhamnida about last time, CEO Suh. I don't mean what happened, but, if you are about to fired me, I will just accept it. I promise to do better next time.”

She was surprised when she heard Mr. Suh's laugh, she suddenly stand straight from bending.

“Anjuseyo, Ms. Cheong.” Mr. Suh motioned her again to sit down so she sat and curiously stared at him.

“Im not going to fire you. As a matter of fact, the van drivers and their management communicate with me and told me that it was their fault and not yours. I've aslo settled it with the complaint and we have agreed that it's not your fault. So as an apology,” Mr. Suh paused for a second.

Ae Cha blinked more than three times in a row because she could not believe what she's hearing.

“You've proven your loyalty, honesty and generosity in this company, I want to congrulate you for being promoted.” Mr. Suh smiled widely.

She was shocked, “W...wae?”

Mr. Suh chuckled, “Aren't you happy that you're now promoted? From being a Travel Agent to Tour Manager, I am going to assign you in Mapo-gu branch —”

“Mianhamnida, Mr. Suh.” she suddenly interrupted,
“It's truly an honor to receive an offer from you and I'm glad that you considered me. But, I still want to think about it carefully.”

Mr. Suh's smile disappeared, “Wae? Don't you like to work here anymore? If it's because of what I told you last time, I'm sincerely sorry, Ms. Cheong.”

“Anio. It's not about that, Mr. Suh. I just really want to take it slowly. I don't think Im ready with a higher position, that also means another serious commitment. I really take commitments seriously that's why I want to think about it first.” she kindly explained.