16

Hello, My Old Heart

“So, have you changed your mind?” Bo Seon asked while reading her manuscript. “As your Book Editor, I don't really find this interesting. Imagine, I put so much effort to finish reading a book only to find out that it was a sad ending?”

Ae Cha pouted, “Don't you really like the plot?”

“Aren't you happy with your life? Do you have anger in the world? What has the world done to you?” Bo Seon asked, chuckling. “you're such a cruel writer, do you think they'll love you? Do you think they'll recommend your story?”

“H-huh! What does my life has to do with my story?” she unpleasingly said.

Bo Seon sighed, “Cheong Ae Cha, every story that you write will have a very huge impact on your readers mind and heart, so please be considerate.”

“Am i not considerate?” she unbelievingly stated, “Hey, Mr. Editor, did you really read that? Did you understand what I was trying to imply? Readers can still learn a lesson from cruel stories.”

Bo Seon scratched the back of his head, “Don't you have a turning point in your life where you felt the happiest? Don't just focus on the cruelty of the world and its society.”

“Because if I was the writer, and if there's a turning point in my life where I felt the happiest...” Bo Seon pat her head, “it's when I met you.”

She was flattered hearing it from someone who did nothing but to love and compliment her.

“I didn't know you where that romantic,” she smirked, “and flirt.” she then rolled her eyes.

Bo Seon let out a loud laugh, “I'm just trying if it can change your mind. But looks like, you're not a fan of happy endings.”

“Fine. If that's what you want then I'll think about it.”
she surrendered.

Bo Seon's phone suddenly rang, his forehead twitched when he saw the caller.

“Sillehamnida. I'll just answer this,”

Bo Seon hurriedly went outside his office, so when she was left inside, she noticed something on his table.

“A family picture?” her eyebrows met when she saw it, “Why did he put a sketch on his father's face?”

Bo Seon never talked about his family, the only thing that she knows about him was his feelings for her.

Bo Seon came back and was surprised when he caught her holding his family picture.

“Mianhe.” she smiled shyly and put back the frame on its perspective place.

“Gwaenchanayo.” Bo Seon slightly smiled, “the woman in that picture is my mother, and that's her husband.”

“why don't you call him father? And you even drew a sketch on his face.” she curiously asked.

Bo Seon's face shift into a serious one, “Anio. I was born out of wedlock.”

She was surprised and fell silent.

“my mother cheated on him, so he'd always beat me when I was little.” Bo Seon smiled bitterly, “since he hates me, he transferred me to another school knowing that I am a graduating senior student, I already had my life planned in Chungbuk but he sent me outside Korea to train me how to live on my own. That's what he told my mom.” he then shook his head, “but, he left me there alone. No one to count on, I even had to work so I can support myself in college. And I can only visit my mother twice a year, until now she doesn't know about what her husband did to me.”