Don't mess with what's mine

As the sun starts to fade and the night manifest itself is when you should truly fear what comes out at night. I fear nothing besides other vampires and shapeshifters or werewolves as some of you might know them as. I'm Berenice and that's all you need to know. I work alone no company, no friends, no family. I take what's mine and stay alive for myself. As the stars shine above i hear a noise below me as i sit there in a tree. I look down and its a young man. He was tall dark hair muscular a typical athlete yet for me he was nothing more than dinner. I hadn't fed in days and i needed to feed soon before i became weak and became a target. A second later i was whispering in his ear.

"My what are you doing in this dark scary forest by yourself" i said seductively

"Nothing a few of my friends and I came here to drink some beers you lost?" he asked wrapping his arms around my waist placing his head on my shoulder. I could feel his warm vain it was on my shoulder it felt warm and it was all mine for the drinking, but i was going to have a little more fun with this.

"Where are the rest of your friends?" I asked

"Straight ahead by the campfire" he said

The more humans the more I would feed and the stronger I would be. I took him where his friends were. There sat 2 girls and 3 guys.

"Hey you lose something?" I asked smiling.

"Sorry he must have wandered off" said one of the girls, she said while standing up. I smiled and lifted a hand as if to tell her to stay there. I winked at her and smiled wickedly. I placed my lips on his neck as if to kiss him yet my fangs pierced his skin it was like chewing on butter. It tasted so good the heat flowing down my throat. I heard his friends scream. I didn't care i was thirsty i needed more blood. He was out before I was. I pushed him aside like an old rag that I didn't need anymore. Who's next I thought to myself. The girl who had stood up stared at me with both shock and praise.

"You ready to run?" I asked smiling "I like it when my dinner runs" I said winking at her

"You stole my dinner" she said with a tight smile exposing her fangs.

"Eat it or lose it" I said smiling bigger

"You're a bitch" she said growling

"Oh ouch" i said putting the back part of my hand on my forehead and pretending it hurt.

The girl charged at me I had just fed so many so my attack and defence had increased. She was slow I shoved her. She hit a tree. She was pissed I couldn't decide whether to mess some more with this girl or just take her out . Snap her like the twig for defying me.

She lunged at me,baring her fangs. I kicked her hard in her ribs,hard enough to where I can hear a cracking sound,and threw her at a tree. I wanted to enjoy this.

"hahaha i thought you were going to teach me a lesson" i said as I walked towards her,she broke a tree branch and ran off while hold her side. I knew I could catch her but this was starting to become fun. When the girl finally thought that she was at a safe distance,she let out a sigh of relief and tried to recover from her wounds,until she saw me standing right in front of her. I grabbed her and threw her against a giant rock. As I held her pressed against the rock,I grabbed my knife.

"Beg me not to kill you" i said sinisterly "beg!!!!" i commanded.

"Please don't kill me i won't cross your path i beg you please just please don't kill me", she pleaded for her life and when I decided she was no longer fun anymore,she stabbed me with the same branch she broke before she ran. As I laid there in pain,

"I'll get you don't doubt it" i said as she grabbed my knife and smiled because she knew I was about to die.

"Don't you wish there's nothing you can do to stop me now it's your turn to suffer" she said. When she raised the knife she heard an unfamiliar sound above her. She looked up to see what it was,that was a mistake. The sight sent a sudden chill up her spine. She was paralyzed in fear. When she finally came to,she dropped my knife and ran a fast as she could,ignoring her injuries. And at that exact moment,the black figure chased her. All I could hear after that was growling then a loud scream,then silence. I didn't want to see what it was so I tried to run,but I couldn't because of the wound I have. I looked on to see what was coming out of the darkness,and I realized what it was. I quickly reached for my knife but I was so afraid to use it. The figure approached me . It was huge,had golden eyes,black fur,and fangs now drenched in blood. I was staring death in the face. I was face to face with a wolf.