one |

Abducted Book 1 © 2015 by ilyaaime

All Rights Reserved

. : * : . 

"For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream."

― Vincent Van Gogh

As a child, I used to stare up at the night sky, past the moon and beyond the horizon of stars and wonder if there was anyone out there staring back at me, at the tiny dot of blue and green I call home. 

I always loved Earth- the feel of the grass between my fingers, the crisp air in my lungs, the kind animals that nudged their heads under my palm, the way the sun painted the sky pink and orange when it set, the trees, the sea, the life. 

But never the people.

 My people. Humanity.

Throughout history, for some odd reason, we always seemed wired or programmed for destruction, chaos, hatred. Nothing good ever came out of us. In middle school I used to read books and news articles about how the world would be one hundred times better if humans had gone extinct. There was never a day on the news that didn't remind me of things like ice caps melting, ecosystems being disrupted, mass shootings, starvation, or warfare. 

In my eyes, we were never to be a people that lived on. We were coming close to disappearing. We should've disappeared. We were supposed to inevitably kill off every one of our kind, be it through war, overeating, floods, drought, disease. The forces of this planet were always against us. We should've been gone by now. 

But then the Aliens- the people of Frivrok came.

 A lot of my people stupidly thought it was because they had seen something "worth saving" in us, as many of the world's leaders liked to poetically put it. The Frivroks introduced us to alternative, eco-friendly energy sources, putting many of the leading oil corps to death and tipping the economies. They showed us their "basic" technology (which surpasses ours by years) in replacement to many of the things that were emitting pollution into our atmosphere. It was technology that people raced to get their hands on, invest in, and patent. Lives of animals that were thought to be on a path to extinction are slowly rising in growth. Earth is returning stability. They promised to show us more technology. More innovation. New crops, new ways. They promised peace and good intentions. They promised to show our fighting countries ways to cooperate and coexist. 

Despite their activity in inventing a better Earth for us, I've never seen a Frivrok, and I don't believe in promises from ghosts. There's a reason why the public has been kept in the dark from their appearances, their lives, their lifestyle. All we know about them is the name of their kind. Frivrok. There's a reason why their kind is left to work behind the scenes. It isn't just the fear of mortal outcry or outrage or the inability of our people to handle an alien species. We already know they exist. 

There are already protests and worldwide rampage. Religions are calling it the world's end or the devil's work. Some sects are polar in thought and say that the chosen one has come for judgement day. Cult groups are worshipping these beings. The worst that comes with the discovery of new life is already here, so, there has to be another reason. 

"I've never seen a Frivrok, I mean- who has?" I watch the person on my screen talk animatedly from his desk chair, facing the camera yet talking to another person beside him. His accent is that of a typical American male from where I'm from. More science YouTubers gone conspiracy theorist since the Frivrok arrival.