ten |

Vree brought me to the same control room where we had first met when Solhelk introduced us. He stood in front of the circular desk, his back to me as I stood near the doorway.

He swiped his fingers in the air on a hologram, then turned his head and beckoned me over, "Come."

I walked over and stood beside him and looked at the hologram. It was some sort of 3D interactive diagram of the ship we were in, and boy was it big. 

"We are here." He pointed to the spot on the ship, then began walking me through the whole thing, telling me where the engines were, the maintenance rooms, and what every floor was for.

He pointed out that on one end of the ship were the rooms where the Frivrok men were mated with humans, and on the opposite end was were the unmated males resided. 

"How long are we going to be on the ship?" I asked. "I mean, do we have a destination, are we going anywhere? You've talked about your people. . so. ."

He nodded, "It should only be a few months in your time. Five at most. We are traveling to my planet."

I had the urge to ask where I'd go once we finished making babies, but thought better of it. I supposed to myself I'd live with him on his planet until I gave birth, then until then. . . . 

I shivered uncomfortably. Vree glanced at me, then back at the hologram, swiping at it and zooming out. 

"This is what we have mapped out of the stars." He gestured to it. The hologram displayed the ship, but very tiny, and millions of intricate stars with some constellations mapped out. "You may touch it." 

I gave him a small smile, then swiped my fingers on it like how I saw him do it. I kept swiping and swiping, but the map seemed to go on forever. "Does it ever stop?" I asked.

"No." He said simply, "It continues. It's infinite. Though we have less labels as you swipe more into parts of the universe we haven't discovered, or on our system. This ship only maps as far as a few lightyears away, in your measurements." 

"Just a few lightyears. No big deal." I mocked. I glanced at him after my comment and he didn't seem irritated. Yay. He's getting used to my sarcasm. 

"So," I started, "Is this your work room? You were here when we met."

I looked around, most things were made from advanced technology I could only make assumptions for their purpose. 

He nodded, "This is my work space, yes. I pilot, so it is good to have this," He waved at the hologram of the stars.

I nodded in understanding, "I see." 

Eventually I had seen all I could for today. Hours had apparently gone by quickly that Vree and I made another stop to the dining hall to get dinner. When we finished, we walked back to his place together.

Once inside, I stopped in the middle of the room, "Hey, I have a question." I said.

He was walking to his room until I spoke, to which he turned around and crossed his arms in front of his chest.

I pointed to the kitchen, "Why do we have this if we always go to the dining place anyways?" 

He studied it for a moment until replying, "As I had said before the rooms are mostly designed for human comfort purposes, even if it is not functional. On my planet no one eats at their 'home'. Communities of people come together and eat, like we do here." 

I walked over to the couch, and sat on the arm. "Huh. That's interesting. Like high-school cafeteria lunch style everyday except with thousands of people?"