twenty pt one

With that, the three of us went on, not to the dining hall, but to where the festival and banquet was being held. Everything was cleaned up rather nicely from last nice, and the banquet tables were replaced with large round tables with what I could only explain as robots standing in the center, preparing food, solid food, which was probably what breakfast on the Frivrok home planet looked like.

The three of us found seats at a table, which was hard because the room was particularly busy with human women and their Frivrok counterparts gathering around in clusters to watch the robots prepare food, some of the men going on to explaining what was being done with the food preparations, while their partners hung onto their every word.

What we were being served was something alike to the smoothies in a bowl we had back in California, topped with vibrant fruits and seeds from the Frivrok home planet. It reminded me of the days I spent grabbing lunch after I finished a good few hours of surfing. I pushed the memories behind me. Before I could even open my mouth to tell Julie everything that had happened, she began bombarding Grivak with questions regarding the dishes we were being served. Where did they come from, what climate was it grown in, what it was called.

Watching them, I felt bad in comparison. It was understandable why Vree and I never got along, I hardly showed any interest. The way Grivak looked at Julie with glee with the questions made me wonder if I'd ever get that kind of thing.

Eventually he'd finish answering her inquiries, his face grinning with pride, and began stuffing his face. Julie began to eat a lot more eloquently than Grivak, and so I started to pick at my food with a caution, and then proceeded to eat in silence. After a while Julie touched my arm, and asked me to tell her everything, so I did.

I went on to telling her about the past few days, the super awkward massage and how I messed up by wanting to know more about him, but probably asking the wrong questions where his probably missing eye was included. Grivak zoned in and out throughout the whole thing, but I continued to talk. I talked about the dress he got me, and the fight we got in, and how we made things okay, but I fucked it up all over again because I wanted more, and how that lead to me confessing to him. I told them how I gave him the bracelet I made, and how he actually had a necklace for me, I told them how we made amends, but things felt incredibly weird, and the fact that I didn't get to see him after the whole conversation made me more anxious to see him again.

When I was finished, she had a huge grin on her face.

Unused to her lack of talking, I asked,"Well? What do you think?"

She snorted a laugh, "He is in love with you! Obviously!" Her hand naturally linked with Grivak's as she turned to him, "Right?"

He had food on his face, and was already downing his third bowl. She wiped at his chin and he grinned, then said, "Yes. I think so."

Julie giggled then turned to me and let go of his hand so he could finish eating, "Why else would he have a necklace for you? Also, he obviously wants you to be with him. Otherwise he would not get upset when he thought you wanted to leave."

I felt myself blush, "Well thats true, but I don't think he loves me."

"But you love him!" She nearly yelled. It was almost amusing how big her eyes got every time she had something to say loudly.

I grimaced, "I don't. . "

"You said you could love him!" She placed a hand on her heart, "You two are like children, honestly. Always fighting and always bickering when really you love each other. I feel like your mother."

I rolled my eyes, "Yeah, well you are my mother. And- I know. We argue a lot. But we had a lot of miscommunications. I'm just hoping things will go well. But-"