thirteen |

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars." 

- Carl Sagan 

In the morning, when I came out into the living room, I noticed two bowls already placed on the island countertop. Filled to the brim with more creamy white paste like food.

Vree was nowhere in sight, so I assumed he expected me to eat here. Which I didn't really mind, considering all that happened yesterday. So I took a bowl, and headed to my room.

I ended up washing my dishes and mulling about my existence. Hours felt like years, and once again I felt trapped. I was most likely, probably being punished for the little show that happened yesterday.

Most likely, Vree had thought that I'd been too troublesome and decided to leave me inside his place so I wouldn't be able to cause trouble. 

To pass the time I did things like, counting the lines on my hands, yoga, reviewing my times tables in my head, reciting the french alphabet to myself. . .

I was utterly and completely bored.

And where was Vree?

When I was sure I had almost taken up an entire day of doing nothing, a realization hit me.

Didn't Grivak and Julie say that there were a female species of alien coming onboard to satisfy unmated or unpaired male needs?

Oh hell no. 

My mind quickly went to the worse place possible. I imagined Vree had needs of his own too, despite how good he was at concealing it, and was probably off and about having a menage a trois with some random hot pink alien woman. 

My face burned with embarrassment, jealousy, and perhaps a little anger at the thought of it.

If he wanted something to bang,  I was here! We have to do it anyways! So what the hell? Who the hell does he think he is? Locking me up in his place and then going off to have sex with alien women! 

I grunted in frustration, then sat down on the living room floor and began angrily doing sit ups. 

It makes perfect sense! Of course he'd be there. He didn't even come by to bring me lunch! And who does he think I am? Some silly little stupid ugly human thing he has to mate with-- ! I fumed just thinking about Vree with some sort of goddess like pink woman.

I felt sweat trickle down my forehead as I aggressively sat up and back down, feeling my core start to burn from not working out in so long. 

If he thinks I'm fucking him after he sticks it in inside some pink alien wo-

Just then, the main door slid open, interrupting my thoughts. I paused, sitting up and breathing heavy, looking at Vree in confusion. 

He rose an eyebrow at me, then said as a way of greeting, "There is a muscle training facility on board for the Earth woman."

I narrowed my eyes and my mouth came into a small pout. I probably spent ten good minutes being angry at him and here he is, acting as if he didn't just fuck some pink alien woman. Or maybe he didn't, and he was just dropping by to do whatever before going to fuck some pink alien woman. 

What was he doing here? 

I stood up and wiped the sweat off of my forehead with my gray t-shirt, my leggings sticking to my skin. I walked past him, noting my scent and deciding to shower. 

"Aren't you supposed to be fucking with some pink alien woman?" I said abruptly, ignoring his statement about the gym for earth women. I internally cringed at how jealous and sour I sounded. Am I jealous?  I groaned at myself. God. . maybe I am.