fifteen |

. : * : .

"What kind of woman does Vree like?" I was stabbing around my porridge that afternoon, sitting with Julie and Grivak. The portions were little today, because there would be a three day festival. Which meant, solid foods from the Frivrok home planet, music, traditional clothing, and one hell of a party. 

We were told this from Vree's uncle and the other Frivrok elders before going to the dining hall. During the meeting, they briefed us on all the intricacies of their culture before sending us off to eat. As per usual, Vree only walked me to the meeting, then had me get food with Grivak and Julie due to very important space pirate matters.  

Grivak spoke with a full mouth, "That, a mystery to everyone." Porridge was dripping along the corners of his mouth. Julie made a tsk sound, wiping some of the porridge off for him, to which he grinned sheepishly. 

He looked at me again, and continued speaking, "Vree is strange." He commented, poking around his food, "He doesn't speak to anyone. He is cold, as you know."

I frowned, sighing a little into my food. Julie frowned at me, then looked to Grivak, "Surely there's something that can help her?" 

Grivak looked to Julie, then me, then furrowed his eyebrows together, deep in thought. "Vreekar is a hard worker. Reliable. Maybe he will like someone as that." 

Julie gasped and grabbed her match's hand, to which Grivak jumped a bit. "I've got an idea!"

She beamed at me, "He is always working, and grumpy, no?" 

"Yes." I intoned dryly. 

"Truly." Grivak said at the same time with a little bit of a laugh. 

Julie smiled, "Perhaps he is very stressed on the inside. The responsibilities are heavy. Maybe you shall do something to relax him? He will appreciate it!"

Grivak rose his brows, "He will appreciate it."  He repeated in affirmation. 

"Like what?" I inquired. What could possibly relax Vree? I thought about the man who somehow seemed to loosen up in the fighter jet, when he was out in space. I couldn't just take the fighter jet for a spin to get him to ease up to me. 

I hadn't told Julie, though I assumed Grivak knew since Frivrok men liked to gossip. For some reason I wanted to keep the moment in that fighter jet to myself, like a memory all to myself. 

"Prepare a bath?" She offered.

"No." I snorted.

She frowned, "Why not? You don't have to get in with him!" 

I felt my face heat, and I rolled my eyes, "Any other ideas?" 

"Julie gives me massages." Grivak commented, "Those are nice."

"I doubt Vree will let me touch him." I sighed. Though he did let me hug him, I don't know how he felt about a massage. 

"You won't know until you try." Julie roller her eyes back at me. 

I shoved porridge into my mouth. 

Julie looked at me sternly, "You must try something. If you never try you'll never know. You never try anything- but you sit here and eat and complain." 

I felt my face heat even more. Damn her for reading me like that. I gave her a stern look back. We both held each other's glares. Grivak seemed to tense.

I sighed and sagged my shoulders, looking away, "Fine."

Julie yelped with glee, "Good! You will give him a massage and then ready a bath!"