three |

. : * : .

"And as I looked at the star, I realised what millions of other people have realised when looking at stars. We're tiny. We don't matter. We're here for a second and then gone the next. We're a sneeze in the life of the universe."

— Danny Wallace

The big Frivrok that attacked first carried the woman who looked like Marbie. I fought him at first, but he made fun of me as I attempted to sling her over my shoulder. His disposition became serious once again when she made a noise of pain. I walked beside him, studying his features. He had broad shoulders, and his jaw was rough with stubble. 

Though they resembled us, they were inhumanly large and obviously had more animalistic reflexes. Additionally, they obviously were more aesthetically pleasing than all the male models on earth combined.

He lead us away from the crowd and into a tiny room. A Frivrok man in a lab coat gasped as he saw the woman he was carrying in his hands. The inside of the room was metallic but more high-tech. It had a operating table, and machines that resembled the ones around when they were examining me before they put me on the ship. I shivered, trying to ignore it.

"Grivak!" He said, staring at the man. He stammered out "Hovari. . rihovutro-"

"These two speak English, Fladvek." Responded the Frivrok man, holding the Marbie look alike. He put her down on the operating table with gentleness.

"Grivak." The Frivrok in the lab coat, Fladvek warned.

"I have permission. Please." Grivak gestured to the blonde. I awkwardly situated myself in the corner. Both men began fumbling about her, getting bandages and putting needles in her arms. In English, Grivak began softly replaying what had happened. He explain how many of us were brought here unwillingly, and how there was to be a conference soon. He explained how she was the "first blood" and that he had started the fight. Fladvek had frowned, shifting awkwardly, but then gave Grivak a reassuring nod.

"Gramik evuzritro, riuzri."

Grivak looked at Fladvek and nodded, his features appreciative of whatever the apparent doctor had said.

The Marbie look alike shifted. She was bandaged up and some color was returning to her skin. She blinked her eyes open, and screamed at the sight of the two Frivrok men bending over her. They automatically stepped back.

She sat up hurriedly, "O ciel! Mon dieu!" She began to made strangled noises and screamed in what I recognized was French. I made a bold move to push past the two Frivrok men.

Without thinking I gripped her hand, "It's okay." I said, searching her eyes for some sort of understanding.

Her eyes scanned mine, and then recognition hit her. It was almost as if I was her, seeing flashes of me fighting my way out and running to her to help.

"Toi?" She whispered in disbelief, scanning my face.

I nodded, and used what I had learn from high school french class to say yes, me. "Oui. Oui. C'est moi." I blinked, not being able to string together more french. I squeezed her hand, "It will be okay." I said, hoping she understood.

"Okay." She repeated and smiled through tears, pulling me in for a hug.

I blinked and awkwardly hugged back. The Frivrok man who had carried her here, Grivak, said, "I am apologetic for interrupting, but we must go to the gathering hall now." He had two fingers pressed to his ear as if listening to an ear piece, but nothing was there.