Sleep (Soldier)

---Author's note---
I haven't slept in two days. Do you know what that means? Yep you got it! It means that I got some inspiration for this story! :D But don't worry I'm fine!

Requested by the fabulous MarkipliersGF!

It's been 2 days since you've actually gotten some sleep. Your nightmares kept you awake, screaming and crying as you bolted up from your bed. That surprise attack from (RED/BLU) really startled you.

Of course they didn't know there was a child on the enemy base. You were kept safely away but the thundering showers of bullets and the screams of men left a strong impact on you.

Once the opposite team found out you were living on base, they made a treaty to never attack the base directly. But it was too late to reverse the damage done to you.

Dark circles hung under your eyes. Your lack of sleep left you motionless and weak. Meals were skipped and deserts were ignored. Everyone on base had done one thing or another to help you, but nothing really worked.

Engineer would play his guitar to soothe you to sleep. Spy would put you in his lap and read stories to you, Pyro would give you a mountain of plush toys to cuddle with. Scout tried to tire you out by tickling, Medic played his violin and tried all kinds of sleeping treatments on you. (Starting from vitamins to warm glasses of milk) Heavy would pat you head and craddle you while Sniper bought snacks for you so you could fall asleep, while Demo made sang some off key lullabys for you.

Nothing worked.

---------------------------------------

It was almost a week now. Everyone had tried everything they could and tried to soothe you. You were deadbeat tired now, and you could barely even able to keep up a conversation now. It was like your head was filled with cotton. You were exhausted but too scared to sleep.

Night came unto the base and you slowly got ready for bed. Slowly heading towards your bedroom after brushing your teeth, you softly padded on the cold floor in your pajamas when suddenly Sniper picked you up.

"Aye there sheila! Howya doin'?"

He put you on his shoulders, looking up at you grinning.

Your body merely sagged over Snipers head. Demoman gave a goofy smile at you.

"Looks like someone coould use a bedtime stoory!!"

You gave a weak smile and leaned your head against Sniper. The two men exchanged anxious glances.

Suddenly Soldier walked in.

"What are you maggots doing with (y/n)? Don't you know it's past her bedtime?"

"We know, it's just tha-"

You stretched your arms towards Soldier and he noticed you. He took you off of Sniper's shoulders and held you close, while your chin rested on his shoulder. You gave a small yawn and the three men melted at the cute scene, forgetting their troubles at the moment.

Soldier was very gentle carrying you.
You loved having him carry you around. He was like a big warm teddy bear.

Chuckling, Soldier patted your back.

"Looks like our lil' soldier needs to get some sleep"

With that, he went upstairs and tucked you in bed.

You gave him a reluctunt look, and gave a miserable sigh. Soldier looked at you sadly and slowly brushed some hair out of your face.

"The nightmares won't go away Solly"

He brought you up, wrapped up in your blanket and craddled you.

"Well tell those nightmares to beat it cause you've got someone scarier!"

You giggled but shuddered again at the thought of the nightmares.

"I'm still scared..."

Soldier leaned your head against his chest so you could listen to his heartbeat.

"It's ok cupcake, I'm staying right here and I'm not going away"

"Really?"

Soldier grinned and kissed your forehead.

"Really"

Soldier spent the night craddling you until you finally fell into peaceful sleep.

And since then, the nightmares stopped.