Dove (Archimedes)

+Author's note

..?!

Though it was dark, wet and small; you were happy to be in your little world.

Silhouettes of familiar figures would laugh around you, happy and excited to be near you.

You recognized their voices, and felt the warmth and love they had for you. And you felt a rather warm feeling from the top, as if someone put you under something warm.

But there was something that intrigued you, a strange voice, a voice that was nothing like the familiar sounds you heard, would sometimes come and fawn over you. What ever the being was, you knew he was not your kind, but he certainly was not a stranger.

As time went by, you knew that you could no longer stay where you were. It was almost.. instinct. It was time to move on!

And with a jab, you launched yourself forwards.

CRACKKK

A beam of light shined through, and many were startled by the sudden noise.

CRACK CRACCCKK

The voices that always surrounded you suddenly applified. You could feel many beings gathering towards you, they whispered excitedly around you.

CRACK CRACCCCKKK CCCRRRRKK

And with the last jab, you broke out of your egg, head first and chirped.

An excited flutter of wings flapped around you, while a single white dove came before you, looking down at you proudly.

"My child! My beautiful child!!"

You gave a weak chirp, your eyes still weak from the strong light of the world.

You slowly shifted your way out of your egg.

The doves cheered as they watched you come out of your egg, flopping onto the nest.

"Archimedes? Vhat's all zhe racket??"

You weakly lifted your head.

...That voice..

A giant stepped towards you, the doves making way as a giant pair of blue eyes stared at you gleefully.

"Oh!! So jou finally became a vati Archimedes!! I am so proud of jou!!"

Archimedes puffed his chest proudly, and gently tapped the giant.

"Oh, jou vant me to name jour chick? Vell zhen.. how about (Y/n)?"

Your father, Archimedes gave a coo of approval.

+++

Time went by, and soon your feathers grew out, your wings grew long and soft, beautifully curved out in a smooth shape.

But it was still much too small for you to fly. But that didn't stop you from getting around! You soon learned how to hop from place to place, using your claws and sometimes your beak to get around obstacles or go to high places.

Your father and his Master; Medic, would constantly coo and fawn over you. Oh how quickly you had grown!

But there was still much to be learned, thought Achimedes. He gazed at you as you hopped around in Medic's hand.

Tomorrow would be the day he started teaching you what it takes to be a good dove.

+++

Your father brought you up on what he called the 'view line'. It was the fantastic line of rope that Medic had installed above the surgery table so the doves could watch the blood bath below.

Today it was just you and your good ol' dad, Archimedes. He gave a coo and had you inch over to him.

"(Y/n), today is the day you learn what it means to be a dove"

You cocked your head in confusion.

"To be a dove father?"

"Yes my child. You see, there are many different kinds of doves. There are some that live near parks, begging for food, some are kept as pets just as we are! And some.."

Your father narrowed his eyes bitterly.

"Some are used for marriage ceremonies.."

Watching your father mutter some questionable cuss words, he soon snapped out of his trance and continued his lesson.

"Now my child, as you know, we have an excelent master, our Medic! He feeds us, cleans us and gives us shelter!"

You gave a nod of solemn agreement and listened.

"Now my child, there are three things you must know to be an excelent dove! Which is why I have brought you here"

You looked around the medbay. You have been here already for so many times, what was so different about it?

"First off, here comes a patient!"

And soon enough, a man who smelled of piss came rolling in a stretcher, blood spilling about his body as Medic skipped in cheerfully.

"Now my dear, our master will sometimes exchange small talk with his patients. But since they can only make sounds of gurgling or muffled cries, you mudt answer the Master instead"

"Yes father! Then?"

"Now, you must also know that Medic will also talk to us. Though we don't really know what he's talking about, you must act as if he could actually speak dove"

"Yes father!" You said, proudly beaming.

Your father smiled and pointed at the patient below.

"Sometimes our master will show us his appreciation towards us and will make a small bird bath on his patients. It is your duty to enjoy and show your gratitude as well!"

And sure enough, with a splurt of blood, Medic opened a cavity in Sniper's chest.

Archimedes twitched with excitement, but restrained himself.

He gave you a fond look.

"Now child, it is time you do it yourself, you're a big bird now!"

You gave a nod, and took a deep breath, readying yourself for the next big step.

You plunged down and nestled yourself into the man, and flapped your wings about.

"GAHHH GET IT OFF ME!!!!"

Medic turned around and clasped his hands together, watching you with glee.

"OH! little (Y/n) is just like her vati, all grown up..!!"

And from above, your father looked down at you with shining eyes, proud of the dove you had become.

Archimedes sniffed and gave a watery smile.

"My little baby.. all grown up!"