Chapter 4

Sunday morning I wake up with my little brother in my arms. His mom came home last night, wasted as fuck and she had a man with her. I wanted to shout at her, but I didn't want to upset my brother. I look at his cute little face and I see how he opens his eyes. A small smile on his lips.

"Good morning, monkey." I whisper with a smile of my own.

"Good morning, pig." He answers with a playful giggle. I start tickling him and he starts laughing loudly.

"Am I still a pig? Or do you give up?" I ask with a grin on my lips.

"I....give...up!" He screams between his laughter. I stop immediately and hug him. "I want speti!" He screams enthusiastically.

"Spaghetti in the morning? You silly little monkey. I will make spaghetti this evening, okay?" I ask him with a smile. He nods fiercely. "Let's make some pancakes first! We'll do a race. The first one downstairs gets the first pancake," I begin. "Three, two one!"

Dalì already starts to run while I slowly turn around in bed. After one or two seconds, I follow my brother. Silently I look at Dalì who goes off the stairs carefully. I taught him well. As soon as his feet touch the ground, I go downstairs too.

"Wait! You're far too quick for me!" I yell with a sad face.

"You're lying. That's not sweet Elza." Dalì says while running into the kitchen.

"I'm lying?" I say while entering the kitchen. My voice is thick with fake-surprise, my mouth is a big O and my fingers are spread on my face.

"Yes! You are quicker than me! You let me win!" He says. "Apologize for lying." He adds with his arms crossed over his chest. It looks so cute that I can't help but smiling. I scoop him up and spin him around.

"Yes monkey, you are right," a smug smile appears on Dali's lips. "lying is wrong. I'm sorry." I finish my sentence. This boy becomes too smart.

After we've eaten pancakes with a lot of maple syrup, we put our jackets and our beanies on and leave the house with a little picknic.

"Where do you want to go?" I ask my little brother.

"Forest!" He screams without hesitation. My brother and I love the forest. We go there at least one Sunday a month. Now that it is autumn, we like it even more. Dalì takes my hand and we start walking, both happy to have each other.

♧♧♧

"I don't want to!" My brother screams to his mother. He stomps loudly on the flour with his little feet.

"Don't be difficult, Dalì." She sighs loudly.

"I'll bring him to school, Anita." I say to her. Anita looks older than ever. On the table is a bottle of whisky, Anita's breakfast.

"He'll be late anyways. Dali's still in his pyjamas." Anita answers annoyed. I ignore her and try not to roll my eyes.

"Dalì, go and change, otherwise you have to go in this cute little outfit. What will the other kids say about you?" I start my lecture.

"I don't care!" He screams.

"You know I mean it. Don't be like this. If you aren't upstairs within three seconds, you have to go like this. Three.....two...." Dalì rans to the stairs before I can say one. A smug smile appears on my lips.

"Did you make him breakfast?" I ask Anita. She shakes her head. A loud sigh leaves my lips. "Can you give me some money? Then I'll buy him something in the bakery." Anita takes her wallet and gives me fifty dollars without saying a word.

♧♧♧

"What do you want, Dalì?" I ask him urgently. "A croissant or a donut?"

"Croissant. Can I have one with cheese?" He asks sweetly.

"Yup." I tell him. "Two croissants with cheese and two bottles of water please." I ask the friendly Hazel behind the counter. She knows my situation, like everyone else in this small town. Hazel sets the bag with the croissants in front of me.

"Thank you and have a nice day." She says to me and my brother.

"You too. Bye." I say.

"Bye!" My brother says before I close the bakery's door.

When I separate our orders, I see that Hazel has put some candy in the bag.

"Look what Hazel gave you, little monkey!" I say when I show him the colorful sweets. He starts smiling wildly.

♧♧♧

When I arrive at school I'm ten minutes late.

"I brought my brother Dalì to school today." I say to the Secretary.

"I didn't know you had a brother." I hear the voice of Taylor say.

"Of course you don't. You don't know a single thing about me." I say irritated. The Secretary hands me a note and I start walking out of the door.

"Please wait, Elza." Taylor calls behind me. My feet stop, even though my mind is screaming to move on. "Oh, you waited." Taylor says 3 minutes later. The surprise is clear to see on her face.

"You asked it, didn't you?" I snap.

"Yes. That's true. Let's go to class." Taylor says with a friendly smile. Now I feel a little guilty about being so rude to her.

When we enter the class together, Demi looks at me with big eyes. Oh no. She will ask me so much questions now.

(A/N): I know it has been a long time since I updated this thing but sometimes your inspiration disappears. I hope you understand this and keep reading my story.

From now on I'll try to post at least one chapter a week.

Are there any special things I need to take in consideration? Like how many words I need in a chapter? Or how I do the layout? Or something else? Don't hesitate to tell me.

Fan art is also very much appreciated because I want a beautiful cover. :D
See you next week. (Hopefully) ^^

Please vote if you liked it or comment when you want to tell me something good or bad. ♡