Chapter 37

Taylor and I lay in the grass, looking up at the stars. It's a clear night and I am surprised by Taylor's knowledge. She tells me about how stars are formed and how stars can shine even after they have disappeared long ago.

"How do you know all these things?" I ask her curiously.

"Because I've always wanted to be a astronaut." Taylor looks at me, blue eyes twinkling with enthusiasm.

"Wow, really?" I exclaim.

"Yup. The universe fascinates me. All the planets that are undiscovered. All the space in space." She winks at me, to let me know she realizes it's the lamest joke on earth, even though we both start to giggle like little girls.

"You suck," I tease her. "But I like that about you." She smiles at me and I swear the world is upside down. I gasp silently, taking in all of her beauty.

"Thanks," she says with a grin on her lips. Taylor is such a dork sometimes.

"Is it that easy to please you? I guess I found the easiest girl in the world." My smile almost cracks my face in half and Taylor laughs loudly.

"I am the easiest person on earth," she says sarcastically.

"Uhu, is that true?" I ask er with a raised eyebrow.

"Yup." She promptly leans forward, grips my chin between her fingers and kisses me. First soft en sweet, then rough and needy, like she needs it as much as breathing air. Soon I kiss her back. Pulling her closer to my body. It feels so right, so fucking right. It ends way too soon. "See, I am pleased. Easy as fuck." Her smile is beautiful and I just start kissing her again. In that moment I thought my happiness was guaranteed but damn was I wrong.

***

The next day I sit at the kitchen table. Smiling like a fool. Nobody's awake yet, but I enjoy a hot cup of thea. Just relaxing. Thinking about yesterday. I want to spend every day like that with Taylor. She is so amazing.

"Goodmorning sunshine." My heart skips a beat and I look around. Taylor pecks me on the lips.

"Goodmorning."

"I have to tell you something, but you can't get mad at me. Please?" Taylor bites her lip and a dark cloud settles in my chest.

"What is it?" My nails dig into my hands.

"I should've told you already but Yesterday was so amazing I didn't want to ruin it..." She trails of and takes the chair beside me. Then she lays an envelope on the table in front of me.

"What's this?" I ask her while picking it up.

"A letter from your mom," she whispers.

"Why did you have It?" I ask Her, the black cloud in my chest growing.

"I went to see her. I just want you two to be happy." As soon as those words leave her mouth, a lightning bolt leaves the dark cloud.

"How can you betray me like that?" I whisper, the anger making my hands shake.

"I didn't. I just wanna try and help you guys. She has a legit reason why she did what she did. You should just..."

"I should do nothing. Damn it Taylor. What excuse can she possibly have to disappear from my life for years and years?" I am yelling now and she starts crying. It only makes me angrier. Who does she think she is? Acting like she knows what I am going through. Acting like I am to man up and just talk to that woman who made my life hell by abandoning me.

"I am going to pack my stuff and leave this house. I will live with Demi until I have enough money to live on my own." I stand up and Taylor grips my wrist.

"Please don't. Don't shut me out again." She places the envelope in my hand. I take it, tear my wrist lose and start walking away.

"I love you," Taylor whispers. I freeze completely, waiting for her to say more but she just stands up and walks past me, straight outside to her chickens.

Sorry if there are mistakes I wrote this on the bus. I had to be on the damned thing for two hours and tomorrow too. So I'll write again then.

Yes I know I say that a lot but inspiration and time comes when it comes. I can't push it. I want to keep it fun. ^^

Love you all. <3