Chapter 28

When I open my eyes I see my grandma standing there. I didn't expect to see her since I haven't told her about my accident. Probably she has called Demi. I didn't visit her in the retirement home for a while after all.

"Hello." She says. On her mouth is a smile but I can tell something is bothering her right away.

"Hi, moeketje*. How are you?" I ask her with a frown on my face.

"Your mother came to me. She asked for advice on how she could come back into your life." My grandma doesn't do long talks without coming to the point. She rather has it over with.

"Well, I hope you told her she can get the fuck out of my life before ever really coming in? Because I don't want to see her." I say with a nasty tone in my voice.

"I know that what she did to you and your family wasn't fair at all. You just need to understand that she is your real mother. Your stepmother isn't your blood.

"Grandma, didn't you know? She died in a fire." I say, not looking at her.

"What? How does it come that I didn't know? How long ago?" My grandma doesn't look pleased and I don't blame her. It just didn't cross my mind to tell her about this. It's weird even that nobody else has told her. Our family is such a mess that nobody has it in him to sort it out, so maybe it isn't that weird after all. A sigh rolls over my lips since I need to tell her what happened now.

After I told her the whole story, she looks very irritated and yeah, I can understand her completely. She hasn't seen me an half year, until I decided to pay a visit at the hospital, not on purpose of course, and she came to visit me.

"I don't understand why you didn't tell me sooner. You shut your whole family out. I thought you were mad at me. I haven't seen you for a while and normally you came every day." A frustrated sigh rolls over her lips.

"So I wasn't the only one she didn't tell I suspect?" With a shock I look up to see my sister in the doorway. She looks amazing, brown skin, her hair painted red and skinny as ever.

"Arielle!" My grandma and I call out in surprise.

"What did you think? That I would you let go trough this alone now I know?" Arielle comes towards us. She kisses grandma on the cheek first and than she hugs me so tightly I can barely breath.

As the weak girl I apparently am, I start to cry my eyes out. She just holds me tighter and I feel grandma take my hand.

*****
Andy walks into the room with a big smile on his face. Than he freezes right in the middle of the room while looking at my sister.

"Oh, hello. Your the sister I have heard so much about?" Andy asks.

"Yup, that should be me." Arielle answers with a confident smile. She is always so confident. It makes me a little jealous to be honest.

"And your their grandma I suppose?" Andy turns to my grandma and walks towards her to kiss her cheek. I see she is surprised but luckily she doesn't punch him. Yes, she did that once before, if she is surprised she can't be trusted.

"Yes. My name is Ria, and yours?" She asks polity.

"Nice to meet you both." He says before planting a kiss on my sisters cheek. "It's clear to see that you two are sisters."

"Yeah, we get that a lot." Arielle says with a wink. "Where do you two know each other from?"

"From school. He is my best male friend." I say with a proud smile.

"Oh, he isn't your boyfriend?" Arielle asks surprised.

"Ieuw." Andy and I yell at the same time then we look at each other and burst out laughing. 

"She is like a sister to me." Andy explains with a grin.

"Oh, alright." Arielle says with a laugh. "Do you have anyone special in your life right now?" 

The question is like a punch in my stomach. Of course Taylor's face appears in my mind and the ache in my chest with it.

"Yes, but that's a little complicated. Maybe I will explain it to you later." I say without looking at her.

"Oh, okay." She mumbles. It's very awkward after that.

"Well, I should be leaving. They will be serving my meal soon back at the retirement home. 

"I will bring you grandma, so you don't need to go with the bus." Arielle says and they both kiss me goodbye before they leave.

* Moeketje is Dutch for Grandma.  

#####

Sorry for this mess, I forgot about our cute grandmother so I threw her back in, don't know it's for the better or the worse but we shall see later on. I need some serious editing done. If you would like to help, let me know. But first I will finish this first draft completely.

Hopefully see you soon because there is still a lot more of drama to come. 

Thanks for reading!