Chapter 11

(Listening to: Escape The Fate-Terrible Children)

"Yes, I grabbed his arm but that was because he was falling out of his chair." Henry says convincing   the police of his innocence. To my surprise they nod understandingly. "She is very upset because her dad died and I get that, but for her to tell that I would hurt them on purpose..." He trails of, gripping his heart metaphorically. I want to go in there and scream at him. How dares he to use my dad. 

"And how come she has bruises on her face? She says you've hit her." The woman with black hair says. Henry looks hurt, but of course it's not real.

"I would never hit her. I swear to you. She must have done it herself to let her friends see how bad I am. I have no reason at all to hit her. Look at my past. I've never done something wrong. This really is very chocking for me. Being accused of such horrible act." Goosebumps appear on my arms. This guy can talk so well I almost believe him myself, and I know damn well what happened. Andy squeezes my shoulder. 

"Don't you worry, they're not going to believe such ridiculous story. You can't possibly hit yourself like that." Andy assures me.

"Well Mr. Ortiz, we want to keep you for the night." The man with blonde hair says.

"Why? I told you I didn't do it." Henry says with fire burning in his eyes.

"Yes, but we need to do research to know exactly what happened. We are very serious with cases like this. It's very important that we don't misjudge this. If we let you go now and you were telling us lies we would never be able to forgive ourselves." The female says. Henry gets led away by the male cop and the female comes towards us behind the bulletproof glass.

"Okay, we are coming to your house now so you can get your stuff. Dalì and you can stay with one of your friends until we can close this case." She explains and I nod.

"You better come and live with me. I know Demi hasn't got a big house and we have two rooms to spare. You can have your privacy and you can invite Demi over as much as you wish." Taylor says. I look at Demi and she nods as sign that I should do it.

"Okay, as long as I can be close to my brother. I don't want him to get hurt ever again." I whisper.

"Of course. His room is next to yours and there is a door that leads from one room to the other. So that can't be a problem I guess." Taylor smiles at me and it makes me smile back immediately. She is so nice to me. Her father is going to defend me in this case and he is a specialist. I don't have to pay him because Taylor told him I'm her friend. "Let's leave."

"Taylor, if you're going upstairs you have to leave your door open

"Taylor, if you're going upstairs you have to leave your door open. It's not because she isn't a boy that the rules change." Her father says with a wink before leaving them in the hallway. I look at her with a raised eyebrow.

"What's that about?" I ask her dumbfounded.

"Don't hate me or something but I told him you were, kind of..." Taylor bites her lips and shit she has to stop doing that.

"Spill it." I say impatiently.

"I told him that you are my girlfriend." She mumbles. Dalì starts giggling loudly.

"Why?" I ask with wide eyes. Taylor looks at the ground with red cheeks. It contradicts her badass clothes completely. "Gosh, do we have to pretend now?" I ask her with a sigh.

"Is that a bad thing?" Taylor snaps, clearly hurt.

"I thing you two would be very cute actually." My brother whispers with twinkling eyes. Taylor looks at him with a wide smile, too wide to even fit on her face. I look at my brother with a frown. "Sorry El but you too look so cute together. It's funny when you two are bickering like this." 

"Man, I think we will get along just fine won't we Dalì?" Taylor is still smiling that horrible wide smile and I punch her arm slightly. "Ouch, why did you do that for?" She asks me surprised while rubbing her arm.

"It's not because my brother ships us that we will become a thing you know. So you can take that stupid grin of your face now. Can we please unpack? I'm very tired and I'm sure my little monkey is too, he just won't admit it." I say with a grin towards my little brother.

"Am not tired!" My brother immediately proves my point.

"Yeah, no problem, follow me." Taylor says happily. 

After thirty minutes of tossing in my bed I hear the door of Dalì's room squeak open

"El, are you still awake?" My brother's voice sounds miserable and it brakes my heart.

"Yeah, I'm still up. Can't you sleep?" I ask him with a worried tone in my voice. 

"I miss mommy." He sobs and how can I explain all of this to a boy as young as him? 

"Come here, you can sleep in my bed tonight. Would that make you feel better?" Dalì doesn't answers but lays beside me. His face is turned towards mine and I see he's crying so I hug him close. "It'll be alright my little brother. Your mother needs to stop drinking and then you can go back. We will be freed from Henry." I whisper while he cries silently. I hope that what I say is true. It would be very hard if he never could see his mother again, but as long as it isn't save there, I won't let him go back. I was lucky to find it out so soon. Who knows what could've happened if he was longer with us? That could've cost us much more bruises.

 Who knows what could've happened if he was longer with us? That could've cost us much more bruises

A/N: Thanks for all the votes. Keep voting if you liked it please, it helps a lot.

See you later!!