Chapter 34

My fingernails push into my hand palm before I ring the bell. I can't believe I'm actually doing this. Every fibre in my body wants to run as fast as it can. Away from more disappointment and hurt.

After one minute of doing everything in my power to stay put, the door opens and reveals a woman I wish never came back.

"Elza. I am so glad you're here." She sounds a little bit surprised, and too happy.

"I only come here so you can make me your child again," I start to say. "Legally, not for real. Just on paper so I can be with who I want to be," I add quickly when I notice there has crept a smile on her all too familiar lips. I see them everyday in the mirror. The smile disappears right that instant.

"Okay, I will do the paperwork as soon as I can," she answers, sadness clearly to see in her eyes. I turn away from the door and start to walk away. "If you are ever ready to hear me out, you are always welcome here."

"Yeah right, mom." The last word comes out very sarcastic and I feel a little bit guilty.

***

"Elza. There is a letter for you," Taylor says while walking through the kitchen door. She throws the envelope before me on the table. I am a little perplexed, who would write me a letter? I turn the envelope around and my name is written in neat writing. There is no sender information. I open it and start reading.

Hello Elza.
I did the paperwork and legally you are my daughter again.

I know you are mad at me and you have every right to be but please. Let me explain.

Love,
your mother.

A scoff escapes and Taylor looks at me with a raised eyebrow.

"It's a letter from the one who calls herself mom." My voice sounds clearly sarcastic and even a little nasty.

"You are going to have to let her explain someday. She deserves at least to try and mend your bond," Taylor says.

"Shut up about it please. Thing is, I am not adopted anymore. So be ready tomorrow evening. I am taking you on that date I promised." A smile has crept on my face and Taylor smiles back.

"Who says I am free tomorrow?" she asks teasingly.

"If you aren't, I will have to kidnap you." I grin at her. Damn, she is so beautiful. I could kiss her right this instance. All of a sudden she starts to giggle and run.

"To kidnap me, you first have to catch me!" she yells over her shoulder. A laugh rumbles to the surface and I stand up to run behind her.

***
Not long before this ends. I am so very grateful for all people who have supported me. Without you I would have given up writing a long time ago.

Love you all. ♡♡♡

Btw: if you really like my writing style, I am planning to start writing a boyxboy story after this is finished so no need to worry it's the last thing you hear of me :p