Chapter 6

From behind a tree I watch Demi an Dalì talk. My little brother pouts when he sees that I'm not with her. Demi gives him a hand and starts walking towards my hiding place.

"Hello monkey!" I yell when they walk by. Dalì jumps with a fright. His eyes are big and round. With a laugh I scoop him up.

"You scared me." He says slowly.

"Yes. I did. I'm such a mean big sister." I say while I cuddle him closer.

"You are the best." He says with a content sigh.

"No you are." I say.

"You."

"No you."

"You both are. Let's go and play." Demi says with a giggle.

"That's a good idea. Come on monkey." I say. I put him back on the ground. He gives me and Demi both a hand. After five minutes walking, we see the swings. That's the place where Demi and I sit down.

"Be careful." I say with a sweet smile.

"Okay, Elza." He says with a cute voice.

♧♧♧

"Can you teach me a new dutch curse, Ria?" Demi asks my grandmother with twinkling eyes.

After playing for two hours, we decided to come to our favorite grandmother to drink a hot chocolate with whipped cream.

"Maybe." She says with a devilish grin. If she can teach us something naughty, she will.

"Please!" Demi asks with a pout.

"Okay. Let me think." She says.

My grandmother is from Belgium. She came to America for adventure. She met my grandfather and she stayed.

"Godverdoeme. That's with an accent. The real one is godverdomme." My grandmother says and starts laughing uncontrollably. We all start laughing until our stomachs hurt.

"What does it mean?" Demi asks curiously.

"It means god damn." She says between giggles. I really have a cool grandma. When I'm finally done laughing, I take a sip of my hot chocomilk. My grandma and I speak Dutch a lot. I like to know more than one language.

"Don't tell your mother, Demi. She will kill me if she finds out." My granny says, a smile still on her face.

"I'd never do that." Demi says. Then she hugs her, me and Dalì soon joining the group-hug.

♧♧♧

The week has passed slowly. Anita the stupid stepmother has a boyfriend. I don't like him at all, neither does Dalì. His name is Henry. His voice is too loud and his laugh obnoxious.

"Come Dalì. I'll bring you to school." I say on Friday morning. We are sitting at the table, eating.

"Okay." He says with his mouth full.

"Dalì." I say with a stern voice. He starts chewing, swallows it and apologises. "It's okay. Let's go little monkey."

"Wait. Your mother said you are going to a party this evening?" Henry asks. His voice makes me jump with a fright.

"She's not my mother and yes, I am." I answer.

"I'll watch Dalì." He says with a smile. Every fiber of my being screams no.

"No." Is what comes out of my mouth too. "My friend's parents are watching him." I explain.

"But I can watch him as well." I hear that he's angry that I said no, but he can kiss my ass. Henry can not be trusted with my little brother.

"We are going. See you later." I quickly take my little brother's hand and close the door with a bang.

"I'll come and pick you up. Don't go home with that son of a..." I shut my mouth just in time. Dalì looks at me with big eyes. He never hears me curse. "Sorry, but I don't trust him at all." I say.

"He's creepy." Dalì says slowly. I nodd in agreement. "Maybe we judge him wrongly?" He asks.

"That's a possibility but as long as I don't trust him, I'm not letting him near you. He has to earn it." I explain. Dalì nodds, understanding what I mean. When we arrive at his school I hug him tightly. "Be a good boy." I say with a smile.

"Always." He answers with a malicious grin.

"Of course you are." I kiss him on the cheek and then he runs to his friends. I have to run too if I want to be on time.

"Elza, wait. Can I walk with you?" I hear Taylor's voice. What, again? That girl is becoming my personal stalker.

"Are you following me?" I snap at her.

"Why are you asking?" She stands beside me now, rosy cheeks from running.

"Because you come here everyday and even though I ignore you completely, you stay friendly." I say irritated.

"Because when I want something, I don't give up until I have it." She answers.

"Creepy." I say.

"Why?" Taylor asks with a frown.

"Look Taylor. You are doing this for a dare or whatever. There is no possible way for you to really like me. You're one of the popular kids, the ones that laugh with Demi and me since day one. You stole my fucking mascara and I see how you look at Demi." I rattle and immediately I feel stupid.

"How do I look at her?" She asks curiously.

"Like she's your enemy." I answer shortly.

"That observation can be true but that's because she's hates me." Taylor says with a smile.

"I won't let you win the dare so don't try anymore. I'm not some dumb ass bitch that believes all your lies." Then I just start running, sick of listening to her and I don't want to be late just because she thinks it's the good timing for some chatting.

"If you were a dare, you would be in my bed already!" She yells. What a pretentious bitch.

"Well, then I fucking dare you." And I know, as soon as those words leave my lips, I'm gonna regret them.

"You're on, sweetcheeks!" She yells before I turn the corner. I keep running untill I enter the school gates. Luckily I'm just in time, so I can just enter the classroom and sit next to Demi. Taylor enters only seconds later. She winks before she takes her place in the back of the classroom.

(A/N): Vote if you liked it. ^^
Sorry I'm a day too late but all those parties...