Cat and Mouse..

Chapter Ten

“Clap your hands!! And stomp your feet!! And listen to the rhythm of the Panther beat!!” The cheerleaders yelled from the track field making the crowd go crazy. Me? I was just annoyed. Not only was I forced to go to this football game, I was being auctioned off like I was a prize.

“You know Lily; smiles make the world go round.” Warner said poking me in the leg.

I scowled at him. “Bite me.” 

“Whoa there, save that for DJ baby doll, this boy is all mine.” Kaylee said kissing Warner on the cheek affectionately. There was a chorus of awe’s and cooing from the rest of my volleyball team. I smiled.

“Kaylee dear is right, we save the biting for me.” DJ teased ruffling my hair and tugging me closer so he could whisper in my ear. “Don’t worry about the little auction; I won’t let anyone take you.” He reassured me.

Thought it made me feel better, I couldn’t stop the feeling of being a little wary. All these scenarios of what could go wrong were drowning me. Especially when I had to look at Tyler every 5 seconds since he was the main attraction in the game.

He wasn’t too bad either; he knew how to lead and when to pass the ball. Too bad I bet I played football better than him. I giggled at the thought earning weird looks from my friends.

“Well anyways, me and DJ are going to get you lovely ladies some food cause Kaylee’s stomach sounds like it wants to eat us all. Be right back.” Warner said as Kaylee smacked him on the arm and glared. They were so cute sometimes.

As soon as they left the girls pounced. “He totally is like in love with you Kaylee.” Wendy, the team’s middle said dreamily as she watched Warner walk away.

“And oh my gosh, did you see DJ? He’s like putty in your hands Lana. And the way he calls you Lily? AWH!!” Our right side hitter Greer, said. I blushed.

“You guys are so embarrassing!!” Kaylee squeaked out covering her face with her hair. The team laughed loudly and I rolled my eyes at them.

“Don’t you roll your eyes at us!! You should be happy we girls aren’t tearing your arms off for stealing the unattainable DJ.” Michelle said snorting and I just pushed her. My team was the best.

“ATTENTION!!” Meghan and Lake screamed together, it was only then that I noticed it was halftime. Shoot, halftime meant—“Get ready for the auction boys!!” Yeah that.

“Let’s start with the volleyball girls!!” Lake yelled and the crowd clapped and roared enthusiastically. My eyes widened in horror when Michelle started pulling me and Kaylee to the field.

We walked all the way to the middle of the field where the cheerleaders were and people started clapping again. I wondered if there was such thing as TOO much team spirit. The student section was way too happy.

“Kaylee get over here!” Lake said as she grabbed her arm and led her to Meghan. Kaylee tried to hide her disgust at them, but I still saw it. I stifled a laugh causing Kaylee to look over at me and stick her tongue out.

“Alright boys, let’s start the bidding.” Meghan said sweetly, petting Kaylee’s hair. She probably should stop doing that if she didn’t want to lose a hand.

“FIFTY BUCKS!!” A guy from marching band yelled jumping up and down. Wow, well that was a lot of money. I wonder where he got all of that from? Probably from selling all his video games. I snorted to myself, I was too funny.

“Hell no!! 75 dollars!!!” Someone from the basketball team yelled and I mentally cringed. Warner was going to kill that dude. Wait where was Warner?