In that moment I swear we were.... Cheesy.

Chapter Fourteen

“So are you ready?” Tyler asked as he scooted into the seat next to me. I scowled at him.

“You know someone sits there right?” I said referring to Chase who loved to sit next to me so he could throw paper at me. Anything was better than Tyler and his annoying but attractive face.

He looked at me like I was stupid. “Duh, I am someone who is sitting here.” He said slowly as if I needed help. I glared.

“You really are an idiot, now leave.” I said as I tried to concentrate on finishing the homework that was due today.

“Are we really not going to talk about Saturday night?” He asked as he stroked my arm. I pinched him and he reluctantly pulled away.

“Fine, at least are we going to talk about our date tomorrow?” He asked making me drop my pencil in confusion. Of course, the date. I had totally forgotten about it.

“You forgot didn’t you?” He asked looking at me with a guilty expression. I shrugged.

“Where are we going to go? I was thinking you could just come over to my house with Cameron and we can all watch a movie.” I said smiling because it would be less weird if Kaylee and Cameron were there. Well Kaylee at least, Cameron was still mad about the whole peanut butter thing.

“You really think that on our first date that I want to share you? Heck no, we’re going somewhere nice.” He said it with such conviction and promise that I was afraid to say no.  As much as I hated him, I wasn’t that mean to stop him from dreaming.

“Where are we going?” I asked curiously, wondering how I was going to do my little heartbreaker act without Kaylee with me. Who was going to drive the getaway car when I mad Tyler lose his mind and try to kill me?

He tapped my nose like I was a little girl. “That’s for me to know and you to find out. Just wear something nice, I do love heels.”

I scowled at him, I was girly as the next girl but heels were not my friends. They made me feel like I towered over everyone and just made me dang irritable after from the soreness of it.

I heard him chuckling and I turned to him. “I was just joking, you don’t have to wear heels, and actually I would prefer if you didn’t. Knowing you, you’d probably try to use them as a weapon.”

I opened my mouth to defend myself when Michelle came storming in with Chase behind. “This kid won’t stop annoying me!” She said pointing to Chase behind her who was grinning wickedly.

“Well you should be happy that a fine man like me is interested.” He said wiggling his eyebrows while she just glared at him. They were just so cute.

Over the past couple weeks I had noticed Chase paying a lot more attention to Michelle than just a friend would. In fact he would tease her and pull her hair just like a boy who liked you in elementary school would do. The fact that Chase liked Michelle was proven when he won the date with her at the auction. All though he claimed it was a “just friends” thing everyone besides Michelle knew it wasn’t.

“What’s he doing now?” I asked holding back my laughter as Chase smacked Tyler out of his seat. Tyler reluctantly moved to the desk in front of me. Of course not before giving me a sugar coated smile. He had something up his sleeve and I didn’t know if I should be afraid or not.

“Well he’s saying that we actually have to go on a date!” She exclaimed as she took her seat as if this was the weirdest thing in the world.

“He did win you at the auction you know.”  I said scrunching my nose in disgust at how sexist that sounded.