Chapter 35: Dinner with the Enemies

You would think, feeling nothing would be a terrible feeling, but in reality, you feel free. I mean what do I have to feel good about? Rebekah chose to be in a witch body rather than her body and run away. Niklaus and Elijah are in a bitter hatred for one another because of Hayley, it isn't as if Davina didn't break the curse, although she did get shunned for killing a whole coven of witches. Who knew little Davina had it in her? Now Hayley and Jackson live next door, much to Niklaus' dislike but at least she didn't leave with Hope. Oh I guess I should mention the fact that Niklaus' crazy ex Aurora is back. Tristan came before her and Lucien before him. Apparently they're working together to take out the originals, good luck with that, while dealing with a prophecy. Apparently we'll fall, one by foe, one by friend and one by family. Oh never a dull day with our family.
I haven't been with the family recently, they keep trying to fix me. Having my emotions off, I can finally be what mother wanted me to be. I am full vampire, blood lust but not easily killable like I used to be. I'm faster, I'm better at everything.
"Juliana," Elijahs cool voice says from behind me. I send him a smirk.
"Brother," I say, "How can I be of service."
"It's about Rebekah."
I lose the smirk, I still love my family, "What happened?"
He fills me in about how the Strix, an old elite group of vampires led by Tristan, ambushed her and daggered her. Aurora hid her body so the Mikaelsons are having a Thanksgiving dinner to "welcome" the guests. Aka find out about where Rebekah is regardless of the consequences.
"I'm in," I say blankly.
"We don't need another vampire," Elijah scowls, "We need another witch."
I narrow my gaze, "No way."
"Juliana-"
"If these Strix are as dangerous as you say you are, and Aurora was crazy then, she's going to be crazy now, you need all the strength you can get."
Elijah doesn't argue but instead tells me the time. I smile before spotting a tourist. Maybe a small snack, can't ruin dinner.
**********
Fashionably late, I'd rather look good than show up looking a mess. I looked good, an emerald green dress that came down to the middle of my thighs, strappy black heels and my hair was curled.
"Don't tell me you started the party without me," I call out, only to walk in the middle of a stare off between Niklaus and Tristan. So much for a relaxing dinner...I guess dinner entertainment is in order, "Sit down boys, the testosterone in this room is almost suffocating."
They slowly sit down before Lucien sends a smile my way, "Just the sister I was looking for."
I roll my eyes, "Even after all these years, you still have the same effect you had thousands of years ago...repulsion."
Freya cracks a smile but Luciens face turns grim. I turn back to Tristan and Aurora, "Now let's get right to it, where is my sister and perhaps, I'll let you live."
"You won't kill us," Auroras annoying high pitched voice shrieks. I forgot how much she annoyed me. It doesn't help I'm sitting right in between Elijah and Tristan. I chose my seat with care, Aurora will do anything for Tristan so taking him out is my best bet.
"Oh Aurora sweetie, you forget I'm an original."
"But easily killable."
I smile before grabbed a piece of wood and stabbing it in my heart. I rip out, Aurora stares wide eyed, and I send her a smirk, "You were saying."
"Juliana," Niklaus' voice warns, "Let's talk about Rebekah."
Nothing. Maybe she needs some motivation. A nice push.
So I do just that. I push Tristan out of his chair so he's sprawled on the ground. Aurora stands up at the same time as I do, Tristan retaliates back to his feet, hand in a punch. Elijahs up in a second along with Niklaus. Freyas ready with magic and Hayley even joins us. Lucien simply stays sitting, drinking his wine. Oh he's next after I deal with the annoying siblings...this time I don't mean mine.
"Don't make me ask again," I tell them.
"You won't do anything," Aurora says and I smile. With a kick of my foot, Tristan flies against the wall, I grab his throat and smile. I hold him by the back of the neck and press hard into a pressure point, even vampires have them.
"If I have to ask once more," I shout, throwing Tristan up on his feet and stuffing my hand in his chest until I feel his heart, "Your brother is very dead. Do you still think I'm bluffing?"
Aurora debates her options so I make sure to twist my arm, making him shout in pai, finally she breaks, "Fine!"
"That's what I like to hear."
"I dumped her in the ocean."
What.
"What?" Niklaus, Elijah, Freya and I growl in unison. If that wasn't the scariest thing in the world, I don't know what is.
Aurora smiles, "That's the safest place. I have the latitude and Tristan has the longitude. So I suggest you might want to keep us both alive."
******
Lucien and I remain at the table. Niklaus is "talking" with Tristan, Elijah is with Hayley and Freya as they "chat" with Aurora.
"My, you are stunning," Lucien breaks the silence. I glare at him before finishing the last of my whiskey.
"My, do you ever shut up?"
"Fiesty, I like my girls fiesty."
I set my glass down, looking at him, "Listen to me Lucien, I am not, nor will I ever be, your girl. So either shut up or get out."
"I've missed you."
"Funny, you slipped my thoughts."
"Juliana-"he starts but we're interrupted with Tristan returning to the table. Aurora followed soon, followed by Elijah. Freya sulked out, I'm guessing the "chat" didnt work. I told them to let me try.
"Well as lovely as this dinner was," Tristan says, icingly, "We must go."
Before I can say anything, Niklaus reappears and sends him his smug smile, "Leaving so soon."
"We must."
"Yeah I'm afraid not," he says before snapping Tristans neck. Aurora gasps loudly, Lucien stands up for once, "Aurora, you have twenty four hours to tell me where my sister is or your brother is dead."
"I thought you loved me!" She shouts and he smirks.
"I told you-"
"I have Cami," Lucien says, making us all look at him. Niklaus sends the deathly death glare his way.
"Excuse me."
"Who is Cami?" Aurora asks, jealously.
Lucien smiles, "I must be going, no need to follow me out."
In a blink of an eye, he was gone. Followed shortly after by Aurora.
"Successful dinner," I say, aloud, "If I do say so."
"We've started a battle," Elijah points out.
I smile, "We're the Mikaelsons, we'll win the war."
For once, I see us all agreeing on something.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Long time guys. How have yall been? A couple announcements.
First, thank you guys so much for the 20k+ reads. This makes me very happy and motivates me to keep writing :)
Second of all, THE MID SEASON FINALE. Do I need to say more??? I thought it was all good mid season finale until the end. Can we please just kill Aurora?????????
Third, should I make a book trailer? I'm debating this so i wanted to ask for an opinion (:
Again thank you guys for reading and I hope you enjoy this chapter (: