Chapter 38: Flashback

Juliana POV:
"What Freya?" I ask, pretty annoyed. I was half-way out of town, deciding I needed a tropical vacation away from New Orleans for a bit but alas, I never get a break. But my bad mood stopped immediately when I saw her face, "What happened?"

"The Strix witches found out a way to break the sire line. They found one last white oak bullet, they plan on disconnecting the lines and finally killing them," she speaks fast.

"Okay deep breath, where are they?"

"That's the thing, the Strix have them."

I sigh, "Let me guess, Davina found out how?"

Freya nods, "Yeah."

"I'm going to break her neck. But first, let's save our brothers," I tell her, "But how?"

"I have a plan. Hayley, Marcel and Stefan-"

"Salvatore?" I ask, "What's he doing here?"

"Escaping Rayna Cruz."

"Oh I missed her."

"What?"

"Long story, we'll talk about that later, keep talking about the plan."

"As I was saying, those three are going to the Strix headquarters to save them. As for us, and Lucien-"

"Wait...Lucien is joining us?"

"Juliana!"

"Okay sorry."

"You and I will channel Lucien, try to break them out of the mind prison they have them in but in order to do that, you have to turn your emotions back on."

"Freya-"

"I can't do it alone."

"But-"

"Please Juliana, I know you think you're stronger as a vampire but your witch side is more powerful. If you care for Niklaus or Elijah, you'll turn your emotions back on," she begs.

I finally sigh, "I don't know how."

She relaxes and touches my shoulder, "Just think about everything that reminds you of your human side."

I can't think of much but the one thing I can think of is my family. One memory in particular; it was a day or two after Henrik died and before mother and father turned us into vampires. Niklaus blamed himself, as he tended to do, and we were trying to convince him it wasn't his fault. But to no avail, and what happened next was frightening.

We were on our way to a party the town was having. Mother and father stayed home, brewing the vampire potion, while the rest of us decided we would go. Rebekah and I had on our prettiest dresses, hers being in red and mine being in dark blue. Rebekah braided my hair and put flowers in it, determined to impress the boys there. I honestly couldn't care less but it was important to her. So we went.

The party was fun. There was a fire that people sat around, telling stories. There were people playing instruments and dancing. There was a bunch of food but alas, we weren't having the best time. Niklaus sunk into despair, making it hard to enjoy it when we were busy making sure he was okay. Eventually, Rebekah went over to a cute boy who fancied her, and I stayed with Niklaus.

"You know it's not your fault," I tell him, "It was an accident."

"An accident that could've been avoided if I hadn't convinced him to sneak out with me."

"Oh come on now, we both know Henrik was always intrigued by the wolves, it wasn't you who convinced him, it was him who convinced you."

"Our sister is right, Henrik always had a will for adventure," Kol remarks, sitting down next to us.