i'm sorry || adrinette

During their last battle, Ladybug had gotten hurt on her cheek and now she was sporting a few scratches on it. To say that Marinette panicked would be an understatement.

She was going crazy while trying to cover her cheek with foundation the next morning with Tikki's help.

After a while, she just gave up saying that it was impossible for Chat Noir to go to her school and decided she'd just make up a lie if anyone asked.

As soon as she reached the school, she spotted Alya with Nino and Adrien. Marinette could feel her cheeks heating up at the sight of her beloved, but even so gathered some courage and walked over to them, forgetting about her cheek.

She tapped Alya on the shoulder and smiled nervously at her best friend when she turned around.

Alya, however, immediately gasped and held Marinette by the shoulders, shaking her violently.

"Marinette! What happened to your cheek?!" She shrieked loudly, concerned evident on her face as she examined her friend's cheek.

Marinette visibly gulped and backed away, scratching the back of her head as she looked around in search of an answer.

Suddenly, an idea came to mind as she smiled brightly at Alya and gave her a thumbs up.

"Well, last night my family and I went to have dinner at Manon's house and she has a cat which doesn't like me that much, so.. meow." She smiled nervously once again, trying to imitate a cat as she gestured it's paws.

Alya looked at her suspiciously but shrugged it off as the bell rang and the four of them started walking to their class, when Marinette felt someone grabbing her arm and dragged her into a closet.

She looked around confused and slightly mad that she couldn't do much because the room was completely dark and she couldn't see anything.

"It's you, isn't it?" She heard a boyish voice whisper not too far from her.

"It's me? What do you mean? And who are you?" She asked confused and crossed her arms, looking around.

Marinette heard the person move and next thing she knew, the light was on and Adrien was standing in front of her, with a blank expression adorning his face. She instantly blushed and looked around embarrassed.

"You're Ladybug."

The girl stopped dead in her tracks with that. Her heart was beating so fast and so loudly, she thought he could hear it. Yet, she knew she couldn't get all embarrassed and timid in a time like this.

She took a deep breath, dropped her arms to her sides and looked at him before nodding.

"I am." She said, nodding her head again. "I am Ladybug."

Adrien felt like he was about to pass out. After so long, he finally knew who his Ladybug was and man he wasn't disappointed at all.

"I'm sorry.." He mumbled, and Marinette frowned unsure of the reason as to why he was apologizing.

"Why are you sorry? Someone would have to find out eventually." She sighed, looking at the ground.

Adrien took her hand in his and bent down, kissing her poorly covered cheek. Marinette felt herself blushing, and backed away as he was now kissing her knuckles.

"I'm sorry for not protecting you as I should have.. my lady."