The Hellcat

Kathryn's POV

I sat in a small, circular cell made of green glass. Loki was by my side in the same cell. Our muzzles had been removed and so had our handcuffs. Loki held me in his arms as I sat there in shock, my head on his chest and my fingers curled into his robes. No tears fell down my face, but only because I had cried them all out hours ago. It was well past midnight, but the lights in the cell never went out. I was glad.

That encounter with the Chitauri had brought all the bad memories to the surface, leaving me in shock. I didn't like to be touched by anyone other than Loki. A group of twelve guards had escorted us to the Cell, and I had practically trembled the whole way there. I had to walk with one guard grabbing each arm, like I was some terrible criminal. After today, my issues with men were back. Only Loki was allowed to touch me. Anything else would have sent me into a full scale anxiety attack.

Loki had been amazing with soothing me, when in all honesty he was in bigger trouble than I was. I hadn't threatened the safety of the entire planet. To make things worse, he was blocking me out of his head so I had no clue what he was thinking.

"Loki," I whispered.

"Yes, love?"

"What's going to happen to us?"

His hands stroked my hair which was still wet from the water in the training room. "I don't know, love. I'm just glad we're in the same cell."

"What did we do wrong?" I asked. "Neither of us deserves this."

"I agree. But we are at the mercy of SHIELD now."

"I don't want to be so vulnerable," I whispered. "I like to take care of myself."

"You can't," Loki said softly. "You need other people, Kathryn. And more than me. I worry you don't have any loved ones apart from myself."

"There's Thor," I said. "Steve, Clint, my dad-"

"Phil is dead," Loki protested.

"No, not my biological dad. I meant Tony."

"Oh."

I sighed. "I have lots of loved ones, Loki. I have Natasha, Hela, Nari, Sleipnir, Bruce." I paused for a moment. "Jacob." Speaking of Jacob, he was probably furious with Fury as well. I missed him. I hated to admit it, but I needed his friendship. Sure he had taken aadvantage of me when I was drunk and threatened to kill me unless I kissed him, but he was still my friend. The tacos had proven that.

"What are you thinking about?" Loki asked.

"Tacos," I replied.

"Tacos?"

"Yeah, tacos." Awkward silence. Loki resumed stroking my hair. After another couple hours of no words, I heard footsteps.

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Fidelius being loyal, of all things," said Maria. She walked into the room with two other agents who were carrying a muzzle and handcuffs. "I need the woman," Maria hissed, opening the door of the cell.

"You can't have her," Loki hissed, standing in front of me.

"Agent May?" Maria asked.

One of the Agents aimed her gun at Loki and pulled the trigger, firing a dart that hit him square in the forehead. He collapsed without hesitation.

"Loki!" I cried before Agent May clapped the muzzle on my mouth and the other agent, also a female, slapped a pair of cuffs on me.

"May, you take left. Baxter right," Maria ordered. Luckily both agents were women, so I was okay with being touched by them, but I stll regretted leaving Loki on the floor of the Cell, helpless and unconscious.